cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wanted to tell everyone goodbye

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer
Today was a bitter-sweet day. We traded in our TT today for a new boat. With 6 kids, and 2 now in HS, it's gotten to the point where it's just about impossible to find weekends to get away. We live very close to Lake Loudon near Knoxville so getting out for an afternoon or a day will be much easier.

Over the years I've really enjoyed these forums - a great group of people and always good info and advice. We'll still camp on occasion with some of our RVing friends, only we'll bring a boat to the lake and sleep in a tent.

Anyway, wanted to wish everyone the best. Take care and tow safe!
2020 Jayco Eagle 355 MBQS

2011 Ford F-350
22 REPLIES 22

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger431 wrote:
The experience there was OK, not 100% done. Have to drop off the TT when I pick up the boat on Thur or Fri. Had to play the numbers game a bit, but all and all it was fine. Will take some pics this weekend.

Hopefully they will get you 100% done on the first try ๐Ÿ™‚
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
There isn't a boondocking experience than living on hook in a secluded cove for a few days.

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer
Helmsey wrote:
Ranger431 wrote:
BoatnRv in Rockwood, about 40 minutes west of "Knoxvegas". Its been babied its whole life.

Congrats on the new vessel ๐Ÿ™‚ I suggest any chance you get, get up to Norris, MUCH nicer than Fort Loudoun.
Also, can I ask what kind of experience you had at Boat N RV? I only ask as that is where we purchased our 5th wheel from last year (traded in boat and TT) and was wondering what you thought of them.
You should post pics of the new boat, even though its not an RV I'd still like to see pics of it ๐Ÿ™‚

The experience there was OK, not 100% done. Have to drop off the TT when I pick up the boat on Thur or Fri. Had to play the numbers game a bit, but all and all it was fine. Will take some pics this weekend.

2011 Ford F-350

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer
pa traveler wrote:
Have fun,I think you will want another rv in the future.

Oh, I KNOW I will, but it'll probably be a few years, and by then I'll get a retirement 5'er.

2011 Ford F-350

Valkyrie1
Explorer
Explorer
You know what they say about boats "one of the happiest days in your life is when you buy a boat,the next happiest day in your life is the day you sell it"..Only kidding,enjoy and good luck..

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger431 wrote:
BoatnRv in Rockwood, about 40 minutes west of "Knoxvegas". Its been babied its whole life.

Congrats on the new vessel ๐Ÿ™‚ I suggest any chance you get, get up to Norris, MUCH nicer than Fort Loudoun.
Also, can I ask what kind of experience you had at Boat N RV? I only ask as that is where we purchased our 5th wheel from last year (traded in boat and TT) and was wondering what you thought of them.
You should post pics of the new boat, even though its not an RV I'd still like to see pics of it ๐Ÿ™‚
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck and have fun - I'm thinking when our two kids get in HS, and they can't come due to commitments, we'll leave them at home. ๐Ÿ™‚
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

md2lgyk
Explorer II
Explorer II
othertonka wrote:
Everybody should own a boat, at least once in their life, have fun.

No, not everybody. My wife gets seasick looking at a picture of water. And I spent too many years in the submarine service to ever want to bob about on the surface.
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun,I think you will want another rv in the future.

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with your new boat. I originally got into camping by selling my boat and buying a pop-up.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
have fun with new toy the important thing is your still doing famaily fun thats what matters see you back soon i think they have a tent site here go say hi to them good luck

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer

2011 Ford F-350

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Ranger, stick around and check in every now and then... just curious... where in K-town did you trade that sweet TT in at?
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Ranger431
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
NOPE! can`t do it! at least not until we have pics and/or the type/size of the boat!

Have fun!

We used to have a little 18foot open bow with a 4.3L I/O. it was a decent boat. would`ve liked something bigger, and that`s the way it goes!

Will do - pick it up this week and will be out this weekend.

I appreciate the kind words, and still plan on checking in some. Will still do some tent camping, when its not too hot. ;).

2011 Ford F-350