cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water heater issue

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
I've got an issue with my water heater and hoping someone can help shed some light on this.. I have a heater that does both electric and propane. Electric works great, but I've got an issue with the propane. When I flip it on, it will ignite, and then almost immediately shuts off, repeats 3 times, and then 'dsi fault' lights up. If I keep flipping it off when that happens, and then back on, after maybe 10 times it will finally stay lit. I thought the first time it happened that maybe there was just some air in the line, but it's every time I go to fire it up.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Greatest bunkhouse I've ever seen! Elkridge 38RSRT, 2012 F-350
5 REPLIES 5

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Replace spark electrode.

It is used as return path for flame proof signal....milliamp signal that goes to circuit board and proves main flame lit so DC stays on gas valve

No return.no DC on gas valve

Spark electrode.

Thanks, I was curious as to how that worked. I am used to normal house heaters that have a thermocouple, but couldn't find one on this! That was my first thought is that was bad. I'll try replacing that and see what happens.
Greatest bunkhouse I've ever seen! Elkridge 38RSRT, 2012 F-350

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replace spark electrode.

It is used as return path for flame proof signal....milliamp signal that goes to circuit board and proves main flame lit so DC stays on gas valve

No return.no DC on gas valve

Spark electrode.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
nineoaks2004 wrote:
Check the sail switch, they hve a habit of attracting dirt daubers, if the switch does not open the heater will not work (safety item)

Its a HWH not a furnace per the OP...
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Check the sail switch, they hve a habit of attracting dirt daubers, if the switch does not open the heater will not work (safety item)
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the flame sensor.. Try cleaning it..

Or spider webs in the air tube intake..
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh