cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What a bad start to camping

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
So after tons of research and planning we were finally picking up our Heritage Glen 300BH this morning, only to receive a call from dealer 15mins before appointment to tell it they side swiped another unit bringing it in for final PDI last night, they ripped off the awning, scraped it all the way down the side. All they offered to do was to buff out scratches as much as possible and replace awning in week or so, and offered additional 500 off, I declined the offer out of fear of underlying issues, I guess we are just going to buy a Coachman now from another dealer....
26 REPLIES 26

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
No deal!!
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it was meant to be. As in going with a better dealer. I'm glad you walked away from that mess.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
honestly in retrospect I'm glad it happened, we really like the dealer of the Coachman a lot better, and the 2 Rv's are very comparable, giving up a few little things, but gaining some things also, from the onset we really liked the heritage glen, but didn't care for dealer all that much.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Accidents happen.

Could have been a lot worse. Imagine if it were you just pulling it out of the dealer's lot and side swiping another trailer? :E

Although I think the dealer should have offered you a much better deal than the little compensation he did offer.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
summitpower wrote:
Never gave a deposit...but had signed purchase agreement....
That agreement would be null and void as the dealer couldn't deliver what had been promised on the date stated.

In hindsight, probably a good outcome as a dealer that would try those methods will only be dealing with you badly in the future.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
Never gave a deposit...but had signed purchase agreement....

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sad part is that the dealer tried to pull it off because it probably works sometimes with some buyers. He gave it a shot.

You were wise to not let it work out for him. Be careful, this dealer may try to keep your deposit.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Delphi
Explorer
Explorer
That's horrendous!

What is the name of the dealer? What city are they in?
1999 21-ft Komfort trailer "The Slow Camel"
2017 Ford F-150 pickup truck

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Walking away from that deal was probably a wise move. ๐Ÿ˜‰

X2
Buff out scratches as best they can Lame! I can bet they will hide as much damage as they can. Sucks for the next buyer.

I mean deal AND DEALER. ๐Ÿ™‚

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

X2
Buff out scratches as best they can Lame! I can bet they will hide as much damage as they can. Sucks for the next buyer.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
It just amazed me the lack of caring, basically told me they didn't care, they would put it in their rental fleet use it for a year and sell for 28k, hell I was only paying 30500 OTD...

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer