cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winterization - Where is the pump? Cougar TT 24 SABWE

boulderado
Explorer
Explorer
This is a pretty stupid question, but does anyone know where the water pump is located on a 2018 Cougar travel trailer, model 24 SABWE? I have drained the water heater and closed the by-pass to it, but would like to install a bypass kit at the water pump so I can draw anti-freeze through the pump. I tried to call dealer, but they are swamped and the Keystone website does not have a lot of info. Appreciate any help. Thx.
Knut and Susan FMCA 351422
[black]'18 Keystone Cougar 24 SABWS[/black]
[black]'19 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew Ecoboost aka Big Red[/black]
[black]Blue Ox SwayPro® Weight Distributing Hitch[/black]
4 REPLIES 4

boulderado
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, guys, it sounds like you were right. Here is the response from Amber at Keystone:

"If you are at the foot of your bed the water pump is on the left hand side of the bed, there could be a box like structure covered with carpet you can lift the carpet and you will find an access panel, if you do not have a box like structure next to your bed, then the pump will need to accessed through the storage compartment. If you go into the storage by the shoreline electrical plug, there will be an access panel on your right hand side, you will need to remove a few screws to remove the panel to see the pump."

Headed back to storage today to finish winterizing. Thanks again.
Knut and Susan FMCA 351422
[black]'18 Keystone Cougar 24 SABWS[/black]
[black]'19 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew Ecoboost aka Big Red[/black]
[black]Blue Ox SwayPro® Weight Distributing Hitch[/black]

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
just turn the pump on and walk around listening for it turn on a faucet to keep it running if you have to you should be able to hear it easily.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My Keystone Outback had the water pump located on the drivers side of the trailer, beside the bed, under that carpeted box beside the bed.

I looked at some photos of your model and that box looks like the spot!

In order to open mine, I had to raise the bed. The top of the box was screwed down, and the screw heads were hidden in the carpet. But I found them.

I unscrewed them and then the top lifted off like a lid. The carpet itself was the hinge on the front side, so it raised from the back. When I put it back, I never put the screws back in so I could open it easier. But the bed had to be raised to do so.

Check there. Cougars and Outbacks are both Keystone campers, they are made similar. The water pump is going to be very near your fresh water gravity fill port. If your water fill is right outside the wall from that box, then that is were it's at.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Just keep taking off all the panels under cabinets that “hide” the pump til you find it. When you run the pump you should be able to listen around for it to get a clue where it might be.

Also, there is a good chance it already has a winterizing kit. Most campers do these days.