cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yes, finally fixed by bathtub corner edge water run off!

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I've read on here previously that some who have a tub situated as mine, angled the trailer a bit back to keep the water from running out.

I just didn't want to do that in fear of the refrigerator ammonia not being able to flow correct. Plus my previous Jay Flight 19BH which was identical to the new one minus the front bedroom, never had that issue.

I noticed that the rear of the tub, towards the trailers outer wall, never had water run off while the front side (shower head side) did.

Well I finally got smart and leveled the inside instead of just the outside. The tub is plastic and therefore isn't perfect in shape. The back side tilted the correct way to keep water in while the front side tilted out, causing the water to run out over the tub wall.

I leveled the camper until I went 1/2 bubble back to keep the water in the tub and put the level on the tub. PERFECT, the level now was tilting back and would likely keep the water in. Checked with a glass of water and YES, it now doesn't run out. The water actually was running between the shower enclosure and the tub water lip, so there was no good way to keep it from happening.

Now that everything was good, I rechecked the leveling outside and found that the spot I've been leveling from for 2 years is likely not true and 1/2 bubble off. I've been leveling on the front frame I-Beams, on each side. Guess the area wasn't true. I checked on top of the tubed box frame making the tongue, on each side and leveling was now perfectly center on both tube sections.

Always safe with the leveling but that 1/2 bubble off just made the water run over the edge of the tub.

Now I don't have to get creative with caulking!

Just wanted to bring this up if others are also having this problem, and catching them before they get messy with caulking.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.
4 REPLIES 4

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Is the refrigerator level? That is the important thing.

It's probably more level than it was due to the I-beam section not being true. 1/2 bubble off of center isn't going to cause issues anyhow.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Aluminum_Siding
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! It sure feels good when you figure out and conquer something that bugs. ๐Ÿ™‚

ata3001
Explorer
Explorer
My tub is in the rear of the camper so I just keep the nose of the camper not even half a bubble high. Never a problem for the fridge & no water runs off the front edge of the tub.
Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 w/full factory dark tinted glass. (9 .yrs w/o any issues)
2014 Chevy Silverado LT Dbl cab, 5.3 L, 4 WD, tow pkg, max payload pkg, Prodigy

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Is the refrigerator level? That is the important thing.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900