cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put up homemade ply and foam covers for 4 solar panels and heki skylight. We are parked under a large messy tree. So this will hopefully protect from debris and ice falling during the winter.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

chobe2
Explorer
Explorer
Cabman 850 wrote:
Installed the Lagun table mount for the dinette table. What a big difference, wish we would have done this sooner as it creates so much additional room.

Do you have photos?
2015 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, SB, SRW, 4WD, Fox Shocks, Helwig Bigwig, Timbrens, Torklift Talons & Fastguns

2007 Lance 845 WIP - Wish List: 200w Solar, MPPT Controller, Two AGM Batteries, 1500w Inverter, Microwave, Awning(s), etc...More Money!

Cabman_850
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the Lagun table mount for the dinette table. What a big difference, wish we would have done this sooner as it creates so much additional room.

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is the frame model and size I used.

Medium 7-Runner Frame Platinum
SKU#: 10013321
18" x 21" x 29" h

My wardrobe opening is 17" but about 20" on the interior so I have to assemble the frame in the cabinet - not a big deal - it just hammers together with a rubber mallet.

I chose a variety of basket sizes but here is the SKU for the large basket. We also chose the platinum mesh - they also have white and perhaps other colors (IDK) but I like the platinum.

elfa Medium Mesh 3-Runner Platinum
SKU#: 10022535
16-7/8" x 20-3/4" x 11-1/4" h
t
Here is the link to the page that has the frames and drawers. Good luck. http://www.containerstore.com/s/elfa/components/elfa-drawers-accessories/123
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

Bedlam
Here's elfa's USA website: http://www.containerstore.com/elfa/index.htm

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

chobe2
Explorer
Explorer
sbryan@vtbryans.com wrote:
Many many thanks to Tizi for this great idea. As noted, a tight fit, but now the front wardrobe on our Igloo is a lot more practical. Installed ELFA baskets. Had to assemble them inside the wardrobe because they are a tight fit but the space is now far more practical.

I like it! So...it's just a free standing frame with drawers of various sizes? Where did you purchase yours? Do you have the model numbers by any chance?
2015 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, SB, SRW, 4WD, Fox Shocks, Helwig Bigwig, Timbrens, Torklift Talons & Fastguns

2007 Lance 845 WIP - Wish List: 200w Solar, MPPT Controller, Two AGM Batteries, 1500w Inverter, Microwave, Awning(s), etc...More Money!

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I went inside to check on everything and make sure all was well, since I hadn't been inside for over 2 months.... ๐Ÿ˜ž and then to dream for a bit..... ๐Ÿ™‚ Filled both propane tanks.

Camping will come again! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers all!
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
^ Great! I was going to build shelfs in our wardrobe but like this more!
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
sbryan@vtbryans.com wrote:
Many many thanks to Tizi for this great idea. As noted, a tight fit, but now the front wardrobe on our Igloo is a lot more practical. Installed ELFA baskets. Had to assemble them inside the wardrobe because they are a tight fit but the space is now far more practical.

turned out great!!!
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II

Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Tizi wrote:
work2much wrote:
Tizi wrote:
Ordered 4 new Happijac jacks for my camper (just the legs). The original ones are starting to bind due to the previous owner did not maintain them well. The new version of Happijac are supposed to be improved with galvanized steal, powder coat paint, etc. They should arrive from Panther RV tomorrow. They were not cheap even with a 10% off sale going on. I will post up pics of the before and after.

Do you mean everything but the motors and brackets? What did they cost?

average cost was $250 per leg: 2 model 4160 and 2 model 4560 (these are the upgrade model numbers). motors are fine, legs not so much. Only 2 were making a lot of noise so I decided to upgrade them all at the same time.

Thanks for the info. That's not as bad as I thought it might be. I have one that screams and I have been deliberating between overhauling it and replacing it.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
Tizi wrote:
Ordered 4 new Happijac jacks for my camper (just the legs). The original ones are starting to bind due to the previous owner did not maintain them well. The new version of Happijac are supposed to be improved with galvanized steal, powder coat paint, etc. They should arrive from Panther RV tomorrow. They were not cheap even with a 10% off sale going on. I will post up pics of the before and after.

average cost was $250 per leg: 2 model 4160 and 2 model 4560 (these are the upgrade model numbers). motors are fine, legs not so much. Only 2 were making a lot of noise so I decided to upgrade them all at the same time.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Tizi wrote:

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
A vent cover that allows it to be always open and shades it from the sun would help you. I'm not sure how much shade it would cast on the solar install.

Yea, those vent covers also allow them to be opened in the rain as well.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer