cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:
I FINALLY installed the Trimetric battery monitoring system! VERY cool to use! Next is the Boondocker converter....Been in the box for a couple months now.. Pics will come when it's all finished. Taking my time! 🙂

Dak

Pics? 🙂
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Nodrama43
Explorer
Explorer
today I bleached and flushed all my fluid tanks, repaired the positive wire to my solar panel regulator thingy, cleaned the insides of all the outside compartments, (propane bottles, battery tray, generator compartment), and tried a little bit of 3M marine black streak remover on the side wall(aluminum skin), then waxed. I believe I will be doing the entire Lance 1025 with it as it works very well. It does take the wax off though so waxing it afterwards is a must.

Going to work on getting the bugs off the front before I do anything else.

starting the preparations for a 5 week mule deer/elk hunting trip in Idaho starting in October.
2011 Ford Superduty, FX4 CC 4x4 DRW 6.7 Scorpion, Lariot Ultimate with Ride-Rites, Tork-Lift, Warn winch, Line-X, DuraFlaps. Toting a Lance 1025 with Solar, Honda Gen, Thule pod, and everything else......

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I FINALLY installed the Trimetric battery monitoring system! VERY cool to use! Next is the Boondocker converter....Been in the box for a couple months now.. Pics will come when it's all finished. Taking my time! 🙂

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
We sold ours to a guy in NC south of VA Beach Va. So I regret that were done working on ours. But it was fun for 6+ years.
Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a magazine rack to store all of my maps, lists, and pamphlets. Got it at Camping World for $11.00.

My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
spent over an hour using goo off, a brush, soapy water, and a high pressure hose nozzle to get all the dang bug splats off the nose of the TC

I use two products on my TC.

A couple times a year I polish with Rejex.

Before each trip I apply a coating of BugSlide.

The Rejex requires application below 85F and out of direct sunlight.

The BugSlide is a spray on wipe off product that can be applied anytime.

We just traveled 2,000 miles through Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, & Mississippi collecting many bugs and BAKING them on in 100+ temperatures.

When I got home, I sprayed with the water hose, used my long handle brush and in less than 15 minutes, all the bugs were GONE! I then reapplied BugSlide as I am heading out again Saturday.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Added shelving in one of the hanging closets. Folded shorts, tee shirts, etc. fit much better and are organized.

niftypkg
Explorer
Explorer
To keep things off the floor I built a disappearing stuff drawer. I eyed the deep storage that wasn't utilized under the dinning seat. To access that storage one must remove the cushion and the PW cover. Sooo decided to install this deep drawer out of scrap lumber lying around. The trick is to cut the opening with a box cutter after laying out the cut on blue tape to prevent splitting; of course the edges split on the flip side. To reinforce that and prevent further splitting I used epoxy on those edges. I did add 4 plated screws to attach the veneer to the drawer front. As shown there is still room for sewer hoses underneath the drawer. Like to keep it invisable but I need a catch to prevent the drawer from opening. The only cost was for the drawer guides.

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:
You water heaters must be very poorly insulated if they're coming on frequently during the night or you're loosing hot water somewhere... That or the pilot light burner puts out enough heat to keep the tank hot all night on mine :p.

My pilot model Suburban 6 gallon will easily go the whole night without coming on unless its very cold and very windy.

Not frequently - just ocasionally. But the issue with me is I dont want to forget and leave it on while driving down the road. I am one of those people who are semi paranoid about propane.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

seraphim
Explorer
Explorer
Simple mod:

Thin plastic cutting boards, with rubber shelf liner glued on back, using 3M spray adhesive. Hols boards in place over sink, and can be used as a tray, or an IPad won't slide on the rubber surface. I could probably radius the corners to match the sink, but don't feel the need to.

Gives a bit more counter space, especially if you only have to use one sink.

When the glue dries completely overnight, I'll trim the edges of the rubber with a razor.

Also have a couple of larger wood cutting boards to use as flip up tables, and get rid of the dinette table which is too confining.

Untitled by jglennhart, on Flickr

2012 GMC 3500HD Crew Cab LB 4x4 DRW with Duramax 6.6 diesel
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902.
[

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
You water heaters must be very poorly insulated if they're coming on frequently during the night or you're loosing hot water somewhere... That or the pilot light burner puts out enough heat to keep the tank hot all night on mine :p.

My pilot model Suburban 6 gallon will easily go the whole night without coming on unless its very cold and very windy.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
Installed a time so the water heater shuts off one hour after I turn it on, so I dont forget to turn it off (and dont have to listen to it firing up in the middle of the night)

Thats a great idea......thanks
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
Working on new vinyl tiles for the flooring! I'm almost done painting the inside.:B
Josh Lingo
Snoqualmie,WA.:B

James_
Explorer
Explorer
Added a NICE Hellwig sway bar and made head phone plug-ins above our heads with volume controls for the TV.
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
loaded the tc up with some food for a weekend trip to fort langley bc,one camground(derby reach)is already closed due to the mighty fraser river overflowing its banks.We have reservations for brae island,which is under a flood watch,,not looking good with lots of snow on the mountains and rain in the forecast.oh well hope for the best,my lance wont float as it is a bit water-logged already,lol
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite