cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Sue_Bee
Explorer
Explorer
My husband fixed the AC -- again --. The darn thing was wired incorrectly to begin with, which he fixed last year, and then the control switch went bad (possibly from being incorretly wired?).

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Got ours cleaned from the weekend trip to Ore-gunn and the Sea Pac convention. Even with the rain and mosquitos the trip was worth it:B
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

QualitySnowman
Explorer
Explorer
Built an 8x8 deck for my TC...

I keep mine at a seasonal site about 20 min from my house as I live in an apartment and it's better than simple storage. If I want to hang out for the weekend, it's always ready, or if I want to go on a trip, just pick it up and go! Built it with my brother (pictured) in 2 1/2 hours on Wednesday night. Put an outdoor bar in the corner of it that he's sitting at.
~82 Brian "QualitySnowman" Snowden :C

~06 Ram 2500HD Quad 4x4 Laramie 8' Cummins 5.9 - 5" w/o Muff or Cat, Prog, 35's, Intake.
~13 Streamlite 27RKS 32' Champagne Ed.
~07 Honda Rancher 420 EFI 4x4 - 2" Lift, ITP 212 Alloys & 26" MudLite XTR, 2.5k Winch, Camo

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Superhitch installed. As soon my Jeep Liberty gets here I can use it as a toad.

Made a smaller table top for the dinette. Now the fur campers can get on the benches (and out of the way) safely. With the original table, the larger dog could not get up there, and both would get hurt jumping off the edge. By being able to traverse up the center between the two benches, they can safely and easily get up and down (and I can keep them off the bed!) Going to trim it out with oak to make it look better next weekend.

Added a flagpole mount. Not clear in the picture - but it is mounted at a 45 degree angle to the center line of the truck which makes it visble when viewed from the front of the truck.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

seraphim
Explorer
Explorer
Took it on its maiden voyage...
2012 GMC 3500HD Crew Cab LB 4x4 DRW with Duramax 6.6 diesel
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902.
[

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here we go, a bit more graphic detail on my lighting upgrades :).

Project: Fluorescent Lighting Upgrade
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Mike
I use finished pine boards that I get at Lowes and Minwax stains and several coats of clear polyurethane. I actually mix cherry with early american (darker) to give me something close to the factory look.
Funny you should ask about magazine and spice racks. I just installed 2 magazine racks today, one on each side of the dinette window. I made them wide enough (about 11 inches) so they can hold a road atlas. The spice rack was one of the first mods I did a few years back.

2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

BriGuy8679
Explorer
Explorer
I've been plugging roof leaks. Bah!

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951 wrote:
Installed another shelf above the stove top. Hinged it using a piano hinge so I can flip it up for travel and in the event we need the opened area above the stove and so as not to interfere with the exhaust fan.

Great job, Kerry. Do you use pine for your wood projects and just stain the wood to match? If you do, what stain do you use?

I want to make a magazine rack and a spice rack for my Wolf Creek camper, so I'm curious.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
switched over to a few solar panels and led bulbs,hope to do a short trip report from cultus lake when we get back,cheers
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
turtletalk wrote:
kerry4951-you sure gave me some ideas for the use of an old piano hinge we have in the shop!!! Thanks

turtletalk
Glad I could help you out. Just make sure that you mount the shelf high enough so it doesnt interfere with the stove lid when its lifted up.Mine folds back and lays under the shelf, with about an inch clearance which is plenty.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951-you sure gave me some ideas for the use of an old piano hinge we have in the shop!!! Thanks

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed this as the replacement fixture in my galley:

ThinLite Circline 110 12" Fluorescent fixture

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

QualitySnowman
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951, class act! Looks factory!
~82 Brian "QualitySnowman" Snowden :C

~06 Ram 2500HD Quad 4x4 Laramie 8' Cummins 5.9 - 5" w/o Muff or Cat, Prog, 35's, Intake.
~13 Streamlite 27RKS 32' Champagne Ed.
~07 Honda Rancher 420 EFI 4x4 - 2" Lift, ITP 212 Alloys & 26" MudLite XTR, 2.5k Winch, Camo

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Installed another shelf above the stove top. Hinged it using a piano hinge so I can flip it up for travel and in the event we need the opened area above the stove and so as not to interfere with the exhaust fan.