cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-5 to 101

Tammy919
Explorer
Explorer

We will be traveling south from Southern Oregon on the I-5 in a 27 foot Minnie Winnie. We want to cut over to the 101 and take the coastal route to Atascadero California. What road do you suggest to cut over to the 101 in Northern California and what city is it near? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II

Where in southern OR are you? My preference would be to get over to Hwy-101 as soon as practical (I dislike i-5). North of Eugene take Hwy-146 to Florence and Hwy-101.  If you are above Cottage Grove take Hwy-38 through Drain to Reedsport and Hwy-101. Just south of Roseburg take the road through Dillard to the Coos Bay area connection to Hwy-101. I have done all of these with my 40' 5th wheel.

Next opportunity is Hwy-199 out of Grants Pass.  After that you are in CA and Hwy-299 at Redding is the 1st chance to get over to Hwy-101.

I would consider going around San Francisco and not driving Hwy-101 through there. Hwt-101 goes right through S.F. and has heavy traffic. I have done with the RV but city driving doesn't bother me that much.

I love Hwy-101 from WA to CA.

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Hi. You posted this in the community feedback section of the forum which is for technical issues with the website itself. Hopefully the mods put it in the correct section, or you may want to post it in a more appropriate part of the forum for better luck in getting responses. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS