cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
311 REPLIES 311

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

We have been RVing since 1978. Switched over from RV.Net.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Hi,

I started RV'ing with parents  in 1954. I love it. I mostly boondock. I am hoping this forum will be wonderful.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Cybergrunt
Nomad
Nomad

One of the recent RV.net evictees. 😉 Been RVing a bit over 2 decades, wife's a middle school science teacher, I'm double retired, but still work part-time for a non-profit. Still getting a feel for this site, always enjoyed the "Newest" and "Active" lists on RV.net, haven't seen something similar here yet. Would appreciate any insight on that. Travel safe, wave often! 

2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III

Hi all, this is Bigjoe from RV net Truck camper forum.  I've been truck camping since I was five when dad bought a 1966 beeline truck camper.  I inherited that camper and moved up to Nomad TT and then to a coachman Ranger TC and now to my Lance 1181 TC.  Love the life but finding it more and more difficult the older I get. Thanks in advance for the welcome, Joe

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

Hi everyone! So is this the place to say "Hello" in the new community? I just switched over from the old RV.net / Open Roads and still need to find my way around here. Where are the other Truck Camper owners? 

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad

My wife and I have been RVing for over 30 years. We started up in a Pop Up, moved to a Travel Trailer, and then to a Class C Motorhome. We traveled extensively with our two daughters, while they were young, visiting much of the US and Canada. We are now on our 3rd Motorhome, Class A, and primarily travel throughout the winter months, usually to somewhere warm and snow free! 

2010 Suncruiser

JD
Explorer
Explorer

Hi to all. We’re fully retired and have been enjoying rving for about 30 years. We stopped for a few years but decided to make a run for Alaska this coming summer so purchased a 2017 Four Winds 26B for the adventure. We figured there would not be parking issues with a smaller rig. We’re looking forward to engaging with the great rv community once again. Wish us luck!  JD & Jerri

nomad1372
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, I have been vanlifing and rving for nearly 1 year. I am very new to the travel trailer scene. I am nervous about it and don't really know all about it. So, I am solo with a dog. I lost my fur baby this past august, but adjusting well. I hope to find some good and helpful information as I travel along. I am heading to Texas my birth place then to New Mexico. Everyone travel well and safe and I hope to see you down the road. 

juandh16
Explorer
Explorer

Hi everyone, my spouse Rubi and I just purchased our first RV. We bought a 2000 Rexhall Aerbus wich needed a few aesthetic repairs but was road-worthy nonetheless. Good to join the community!

Tatterlin
Explorer
Explorer

I am looking for a local camping club that is near Tremonton Utah. I am a recent widow and now I own a class c motorhome. I would like to find a group to camp with.

KellyMaguire
Explorer
Explorer

Hello from Jacksonville, Florida by way of Charleston, South Carolina !  I own a Winnebago Aspect 30j and totally love it !  Started with an itty bitty Aliner - LOL.  My dog and I love going to the NASCAR races and parking in the infield.  There's no doubt camping folks are the friendliest people on earth !!

b_hendrix64
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Everyone, My wife & I live in North Central Indiana, we have been camping since 1996 on our 5th camper looking to retirement to do more traveling with the camper around the midwest and maybe a little further! currently in a Jayco White Hawk TT but exploring other options. 

Timk1965
Explorer
Explorer

We enjoy camping with our Granddaughter and sons. We have spent most of time in Colorado, with trips to the Black Hills. Looking forward to our first longer trip to Glacier Park this summer and Vigina next year.

Hollyhillbilly
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all, Rick here from Holly Mi.  Picked up a camper a few weeks ago. Using it now at hunting camp. Come the new year heading to Florida for a  3 or 4 month camping trip. My first try at snow birding. Starting north of Orlando then over to Cocoa Beach. After that I have no idea.  Can't wait.

Ash9335
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks adding us, we have a NOBO 19.5 and are looking for ideas on upgrading to 5th wheel.