cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
300 REPLIES 300

b_hendrix64
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Everyone, My wife & I live in North Central Indiana, we have been camping since 1996 on our 5th camper looking to retirement to do more traveling with the camper around the midwest and maybe a little further! currently in a Jayco White Hawk TT but exploring other options. 

Timk1965
Explorer
Explorer

We enjoy camping with our Granddaughter and sons. We have spent most of time in Colorado, with trips to the Black Hills. Looking forward to our first longer trip to Glacier Park this summer and Vigina next year.

Hollyhillbilly
Explorer
Explorer

Hi all, Rick here from Holly Mi.  Picked up a camper a few weeks ago. Using it now at hunting camp. Come the new year heading to Florida for a  3 or 4 month camping trip. My first try at snow birding. Starting north of Orlando then over to Cocoa Beach. After that I have no idea.  Can't wait.

Ash9335
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks adding us, we have a NOBO 19.5 and are looking for ideas on upgrading to 5th wheel. 

cgalagan
Explorer
Explorer

Hello from Wyoming! Not a full-time RVer, but hope to be in 3 years when I retire. Frankly it scares me a bit to think of how to afford it, but life scares me a bit anyway, so I'll figure it out. I've camped all my life, and am excited to join this group. I will learn so much!

Milo84
Explorer
Explorer

New to this site. 

Herb
Explorer III
Explorer III

Hello y'all. I live in SC, the Low Country, specifically near Charleston, SC. I have done some tent camping in the past, but at 63, I am a little creaky for that, so I bought a 2018 Heartland Mallard M185 I can pull with my Ford Ranger, I bought a weight distributing hitch used, and a brake controller (new in box) off of Facebook Marketplace for a total of $300. I am going to use the camper for boondocking on some property in Manning, SC, and it allows me to travel with my dogs. I foster several at a time along with my three (3) dogs. Thank you for the forum, hope to learn good things here. Thank you, Herb. 

jsind
Explorer
Explorer

Hi! I am John and I am 73 years old.  We own a 2022 Winnebago 2100BH towable.  So far we have gone to places in Central and Southern CA only, Since our home is in North Long Beach CA.  We hope to plan a trip to Yellowstone NP and maybe the Grand Canyon next spring/summer we will just have to wait and see if everything falls into place for the trip.

WaltersFamily
Explorer III
Explorer III

Howdy from Texas!  That's right the home of Buc-ee's!

Suzy and I have been camping for the past 25 years off and on.  In May 2023, we sold our house, upgraded our Grand Design travel trailer to a 2023 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 2930 RL and now live the full time RV lifestyle!  Don't hate, we recently purchased a 2021 Ford F-350 so, we are no longer land locked and look forward to traveling here and there once again.  We have two dogs and a camper cat which adds to the adventure.  Texas is where we hang our hats just north of Fort Worth, Texas near Texas Motor Speedway.  We are looking forward to meeting folks in the Good Sam Community and would like to find a group perhaps in north Texas that would like to do some group camping.

Cheers, Brent and Suzy

Howdy Brent and Suzy, This Wisconsin-Texan lived in New Braunfels Texas with my late wife Jeanne from 2006 to 2018 when God called her home, and then by myself until 2021, when family, friends and conditions convinced me to relocate to Lees Summit MO.  Our youngest son Bill also lived in Martindale Texas and owned businesses in New Braunfels, Martindale, Canyon Lake, San Marcos and San Antonio Texas as well as numerous locations in Wisconsin.  He owned a large fifth wheel, and we owned a class A motorhome.  I sold mine two years after my wife passed because it did not seem or feel the same; and I lost my youngest son on the third anniversary of the day we buried my wife.  But I have recently decided to come back into the RV world with the purchase of a 2008 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ; so my girlfriend Donna and I may see you both out in the RV world some time.  Ken

Love Bucc-ee's, there is one in Florence, SC and Leeds, AL, I frequent both anytime that I go through the I-95 or I-20 corridors. Would like it if they were a little more RV friendly, but the stores are a treat for a traveler's soul. Thank you, Herb.

Hello Herb, I lived in New Braunfels Texas for 16 years, where Bucc-ee's had numerous locations throughout the state, and the New Braunfels Bucc-ee's was huge and just a few blocks from my home.  They were a regular tourist attraction, so while I went there for special things and all of them for trips, they were too crowded with tourists for my daily gas trips.  I have since relocated to Lees Summit MO for personal reasons, and we only have one that opened in the distance area, with another one opening very close next summer.  Great stores with a flavor of Texas.

I had heard of Bucc-ee's from some of my TX friends in the Navy. I had never had the opportunity to visit one until about 2 years ago when the Leeds, AL store opened. The coffee bar in the Leeds store is an amazing sight to see. The Florence, SC store opened about a year ago, but the coffee bar doesn't have the cappucino machines. Disappointing, I know, I know, first world problems! I love the stores, though, wish they were a little more RV friendly. Herb

Community Alumni
Not applicable

Oh man, I'd never seen a Buc-ee's until this last trip of mine from Key West, FL, to just west of Seattle, WA. They're insane in there. It was amazing and kind of weird. I found their gas pumps to be hard to negotiate in our Mirada 32SS, though. The store is amazing. I thought they had reasonably decent coffee although, no, there's nothing really fancy. If you get creative, you can make a pretty good, sugar-free caramel iced latte, though.  😊

I was actually on a quick road trip to Augusta, GA a few weeks ago and had to stop at the Buc-ee's in Leeds, AL!  Suzy loves her Buc-ee's t-shirts so, now she has a "Ala Buc-ee Bama" shirt to add to the collection, LOL!

I agree, not the easiest for RV's when it comes to filling up but, there is quite a bit of room to just park.  Can't go wrong with clean restrooms either, LOL!