cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Campgrounds Needed

FFWyatt
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guy/gals my dad and I are making a trip this year to Alaska and I am looking for some campground ideas. We are renting a RV in Anchorage then heading to Fairbanks. We will be hitting Fairbanks, Denali, Seward, and Homer. Was there in 2014 but thinking about some new places to camp. Mostly looking for a places in Fairbanks and Seward. Hookups are nice but not necessary.

Any other places or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB
2004 Ford F350
17 REPLIES 17

explorenorth
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer was our first time in Seward with an RV (after many visits using hotels). From my blog about the visit:

"Unable to find a site at the City’s waterfront parks in town, we had booked 2 nights at the Stoney Creek RV Park. Two nights there had cost a total of $78.28 with taxes ($103.26 Canadian). Their Web site says “Welcome to Seward’s only luxury RV Park!”. Even by Alaska standards, what a joke that is. There are some very nice sites along the creek, there are lots of average sites, and then there is the back corner that we got. The rigs on both sides of us were workers in Seward on jobs. The men’s bathroom is very small, with minimal privacy. We moved a couple of miles, to Bear Creek RV Park. Although old and basic, the sites were nicer than the ones we got at Stoney Creek, and we got 2 full-service sites side by side for $41.20 each ($54.35 Canadian). The Bear Creek park was in a much nicer location than Stoney Creek – a short walk up the road is a lovely little park on Bear Creek, as well as the Bear Creek weir, a great spot for watching spawning salmon."

Talkeetna Camper Park, for $35 each ($46.17 Canadian), was the best commercial campground we had during the entire trip. It’s beautiful, the sites are spacious, downtown Talkeetna is walking distance, the manager is friendly and professional, and the wifi even works!

In Denali, we had reservations for Riley Creek Campground, where there are 2 types of sites based on size. Our unserviced “A” site cost $28 per night, our friends' unserviced “B” site was $22. You just drive around until you find a site, and we found an “A” and a “B” across the road from each other at the upper end of the Wolf Loop, the middle of 3 campsite groups (there are a total of 123 sites). Our campsite (A65) was large, beautiful, and nicely equipped. Absolutely perfect for our stay!
Murray

Whitehorse, Yukon
http://ExploreNorth.com/
and blogging at http://ExploreNorthBlog.com/
I live to travel, and travel to really live

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get this book:

Amazon
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
High on your list in Seward is the city campground bordering the bay. Some sites with water and electricity and a wonderful view. One of my favorites anywhere.