cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

around the Saltan Sea

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a group motorcycle ride out of Yuma AZ around the Saltan Sea CA. Does anyone know the condition of Hwy 111 and 86 around the lake?
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN
11 REPLIES 11

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
See it while you can. Roads are fine, Salton Sea is about gone. Sad

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great motorcycle ride around the Sea. Logged close to 300 miles. The roads on both the east and west sides were very good.

PAUL AND JAN

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
Please, stick to my original post. I simply asked about the conditions of two roads in a certain area. I did not ask about the pros and cons of said area. If you wish to discuss otherwise, start a new thread.
Make up your mind. Valkyriebush made a post about certain things to do in the area, without any mention of the actual condition of the road surface and you said that was "Exactly" what you were looking for. When you post something for discussion on the internet in a forum you do not own, you lose control over the direction of that discussion. Instead of telling everyone here to start a new thread because you don't like the direction this one took, you should start your own discussion forum that you can moderate any way you choose.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Please, stick to my original post. I simply asked about the conditions of two roads in a certain area. I did not ask about the pros and cons of said area. If you wish to discuss otherwise, start a new thread.

PAUL AND JAN

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I shot a film in Bombay Beach a few years back. To say it is other worldy is an under statement but the folks that live there are still humans with big hearts. Dead fish and flies were every where. Yes, it was a little scary and visually overwhelming at first but soon the locals were inviting us to Taco Tuesday. Never underestimate the power of a smile. ๐Ÿ™‚

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
Yikes! I just watched a documentary of the history of the Saltan Sea and it was just awful. And the few people still living their were real scary!

Have they cleaned it up and made it a nice place as a destination for RV'ing?
NO!!!! Can't imagine the Salton Sea being a destination for anything but rubberneckers watching a slow motion car wreck.

Many of the people living in Bombay beach and Salton sea have their reason, for many it's just being poor. That doesn't make them scary. Most are pretty decent people, besides, It's all about the ride, not the destination!
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Yikes! I just watched a documentary of the history of the Saltan Sea and it was just awful. And the few people still living their were real scary!

NO!!!! Can't imagine the Salton Sea being a destination for anything but rubberneckers watching a slow motion car wreck.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
Just did a ride there last week. No smell, No issues. Are you doing salvation mountain and slab city on the way? Sonny Bono migratory bird wildlife reserve on the south end of the sea north of Westmoreland. All Interesting stops. Have lunch at Brownie's diner in Brawley, good food, motorcycle friendly place. Ride safe.

Thanks for the info Valkyriebush. Just what I was looking for. How about this warm weather!!!!!!!

PAUL AND JAN

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just did a ride there last week. No smell, No issues. Are you doing salvation mountain and slab city on the way? Sonny Bono migratory bird wildlife reserve on the south end of the sea north of Westmoreland. All Interesting stops. Have lunch at Brownie's diner in Brawley, good food, motorcycle friendly place. Ride safe.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
Planning a group motorcycle ride out of Yuma AZ around the Saltan Sea CA. Does anyone know the condition of Hwy 111 and 86 around the lake?
Would that be anywhere near the Salton Sea?