cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aviva "trip ticks"

MX-RV
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to the east coast then down through the north east us inlight of the albeit free trip planning offered by our insurance company's road sided assistance option I decided to give it a try I called them spent aprox 30 min on the phone with a nice guy who asked questions about our plans what to avoid where we wanted to stay etc. Well the package arrived today in a very nice bound book the first page was an introduction page thanking us for using the service advising us there was a time change during our trip and that it would include several optional points of intrest to watch for incase we were interested (which we were) well I turned to the next page and the route began taking us down a secondary dirt road to a major highway where we stayed for 5 hrs then arrived at our first destination. Our requested route was to avoid major highways where possible and take reasonably direct scenic routes. I advised them we were taking a trailer and intended to stay at campgrounds. (The plan had hotels listed in every dest and no cg's there were no poi's and was a straight out and back) I am so disapointed in this package. So my question to you all is can you advise of some nice poi's in the north east for our return that will keep us from major highways with cg's spaced about 4-6hrs appart for a 2 week return trip from NB Canada.

Thanks
You can take me camping, but apparently you can't make me camp!:S
1 REPLY 1

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like your trip planner had there training from CAA trip ticket people. We stopped using there services years ago. Now we do trip planning with Microsoft Streets and Trips, You can select the highway types to use or avoid. You can also 'drag' the route to different areas or roads. Unfortunately, I don't know if campgrounds are listed, we usually just wing it.
We also use GPS (Garmin), with intermediate points setup.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.