cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZ to Buffalo NY Loop

Coyotesfan
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be taking our first month long trip in our new Thor Citation Sprinter 24' in June. Looking for route suggestions or areas to avoid. Here's what I was thinking. I-40 to Oklahoma City, I-44 to St. Louis, I-70 to Columbus, OH, I-71 to Cleveland, I-90 to Buffalo.
Depending on what time is left we may take a I-81 through PA and connect to I-40 back to Phoenix. Comment or suggestion are welcome :@
4 REPLIES 4

Coyotesfan
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about the state routes, but was worried that diesel fuel may not be as available. I tend to drive 5-600 miles a day unless there is something of interest. Early rise at 4am, drive till 5 or 6pm then relax at the camp site. We probably won't slow down to smell the roses until around Ohio. Living in the south west I get to see enough desert scenery.

cosninocanines
Explorer
Explorer
We try and avoid the I- routes by taking the older US routes or State highways can't even begin to list all the great things we have seen or enjoyed. One of my favorites was an old fashioned county fair in upstate NY. Another was a parade in Panquitch Utah, 40 or 50 kids pulling hand carts and dressed in 1800's clothes. The parade went 2 blocks then turned around and came back by Pioneer Days was the celebration. You will never see anything like that on the freeway.

Enjoy your trip and leave the rush at home.
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."
Mark Twain

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
At 300 miles a day, you'll be on the road half of the month, coming and going, and that's all expressway. OK if Buffalo is your only destination, but no time to stop to smell the roses.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live close to cleveland, done it your way, less hills better road taking rt10 out of ph to el paso texas rt.