cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baltimore to Haleysville, Al

sftrbt
Explorer
Explorer
Need suggestions for a 40ft MH-friendly travel route from Knoxville, Tn south to Haleysville, Al.
7 REPLIES 7

sftrbt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks..............I'm so looking forward to this trip. From Haleyville on to Panama City Beach ..... any suggestions for diesel stops along the way?

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Haleyville is one of those "notch" exburbs of Birmingham that is 1) not convenient to I-65 and b) you cain't get there from here. That said:

You can take I-59 to Birmingham to I-65 North to U.S. 278 outside of Cullman and turn left (West) to Alabama 13 North into Haleyville.

Alternatively: I-65 South from Nashville (out of the way) to U.S. 278 West.

Safe journeys!

The Fine Print: I can't WAIT until I-22 is up and functioning! It'll be all the faster OUT of this God-forsaken place!
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

sftrbt
Explorer
Explorer
Are 278 and 13 motorhome=friendly.....i.e. n0 low clearance overhead .... fuel (diesel) stops, etc? Thanks

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
Take I-75 out of Knoxville to Chattanooga. Take I 24 to US 72 To I 565 In Huntsville to I65 south To US 278. Hwy 72 is 4lane to Huntsville and easy drive without much traffic. I try to avoid Nashville to busy and to much road construction
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

Bombfixer
Explorer
Explorer
I would take I-75 south out of Knoxville to Chattanooga. Stay on I-24 to US-72 towards Huntsville, AL. Stay on US-72 until it becomes I-565. Take 565 to I-65 South. Go South on 65 to US-278 West. Take 278 to AL-13. Turn right on 13 and follow to Haleyville.

sftrbt
Explorer
Explorer
Actually its Haleyville not Haleysville. Gotta go to a wedding. Looks like 59 south out of Chattanooga but not sure best route from there.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Although I cannot imagine any reason to go to Haleyville, AL. you best route is I40 toward Nashville, I840 around to I65, and on south from there.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.