cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baraboo WI to Garden Prairie IL without tolls?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We see a couple of potential routes, but don't know if they are big rig friendly. Any favorite options in that transition? We have considered 14/23. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! We are on the move today.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take 90 get off at 14 going east. Take 14 to 23, take 23 to 20. Go west on 20 to garden prairie.

Only about 10 minutes longer than the tollway and much more scenic. I take that route all the time with my 35ft trailer. No issues.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would have to pass through a second unmanned toll when getting off I-90 if you took the Tollway.
Routes 14, 23 and 20 are all good roads and well marked. That would be longer but easy to follow. Rte 14 is commonly used to avoid tolls. Except for towns, the speed limit will be 55. The Google route would be fine as well, though the signage isn't as good once you get off Rte 7 and you may miss a turn.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the gas vs. toll ratio favorable to avoiding tolls?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only tolls that I'm aware of are in Illinois, I90 south of Beloit.

This is flat country, so any road short of someone's driveway should be RV friendly. Google Maps with tolls off leaves I90 and uses IL 7 and IL 76. Tolls start south of E. Rockton Rd.

Immediately south of Baraboo is hill - the Baraboo Mtns, and then some hill stuff around the Wisconsin River.

In Wisconsin county roads are named with letters.