cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route Blue Ridge GA to Charlotte NC

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from Blue Ridge Ga to Charlotte NC, looking for the best route. We have a gas RV and driver (hubby) does not like mountain driving. Is there a non mountainous way to go without traveling WAAAY out of the way? TIA.
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL
7 REPLIES 7

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
If you want flat and straight then you will have to take GA-515 down to Atlanta and then I-85 back up.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am a Fla native and 76 before Clayton is almost straight compared to what it was 25 years ago. No long climbs or decents, no sharp curves, OK there is one 180 before you get to the Appalachian Trail but it really is a nice road and the best way to get to Charlotte. Buy gas around Greenville as it's always less expensive there and just before you go into NC on I-85.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We are also Floridians and not comfortable with mountain driving. We took the route from Clayton and it was NOT one of our favorite roads. Ivylogs definition of a little "hilly and curvy is not my definition. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's very curvy with a lot of up and down on those curves. You have to go very slow and be careful not to overdo your brakes. We have a DP with an exhaust brake, but we didn't like it at all! It's do-able but we avoid it now, but then we're coming from Tampa to Blairsville and found we prefer heavy traffic of Atlanta to that road. Unfortunately, there aren't many flat roads leading in or out of Blue Ridge.

I mapped a route from Blairsville to Concord NC, which I think is close. The only non mountainous road I could find is a long way out of your way.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
tmarie416 wrote:
When I map it out it takes us US-74 to I-26, How is that ride?

The above (Us-74 to I-26) is going up into the Mountains and cutting through Natahalla Gorge, small 2 lane conjested route.

X2 - on cutting over to Clayton, then over to I-85.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would take 76 to Clayton and then on to Westminster and then drop down on 24 to I-85 from there. A little hilly and curvy before Clayton, but still a pretty, nice, easy ride.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
When I map it out it takes us US-74 to I-26, How is that ride?
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
Also we are from Florida, so mountains are relative to FLAT!
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL