cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route to Bear Brook State Park New Hampshire

Lou_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving from Trenton NJ this Saturday. Want to skip NJTP, GW Bridge, Garden State Parkway. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Lou & Pat, '05 Forest River Lexington GTS 255 on Ford E450 Super Duty, no toad. Retired so: HAPPY BIKING & HIKING
2 REPLIES 2

Lou_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, we will follow your route. We have have traveled that route to Albany and up in Vermont to Bennington. This will be first time going across into New Hampshire.
Lou & Pat, '05 Forest River Lexington GTS 255 on Ford E450 Super Duty, no toad. Retired so: HAPPY BIKING & HIKING

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd think about going US206 to I287 to I87 to I787 (at Albany) to NY7, which becomes VT 9 and NH 9, to I-89 S and then across the river at Albany as seems best (which probably is I-93 N to exit 13/US3 South to NH28, but you could also go south at Bow Junction on 3A and follow Main Street in Hookset to 28).

I am not really sure about US206, but you probably know whether it's reasonable or not. VT 9 has some decent hills but is not a bad road by any means, and NH9 is likewise a pleasant drive. I don't think there are any particularly low clearances along NY7 / VT9 / NH9; at least, I don't recall any offhand.