cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bringing my company vehicles into Mexico ...

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,

We will be heading down to P.V. in a few weeks and I need to know what type of issues I will have bringing my Escalade which is registered in my companies name...

Thanks,

Sat
10 REPLIES 10

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Good question, I do not think so, the couole that went across with me were not asked

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Tequila: My last post was about crossing INTO the USA. One does need a letter to cross into Mexico as you stated.

Moisheh

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila: My last post was about crossing INTO the USA. One does need a letter to cross into Mexico as you stated.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
I have crossed the US border with company vehicles for over 45 years. NEVER have I been questioned. If you had a pickup with ladders and tool boxes there would be problems. When you hand them your passport the computer shows all of your border crossings and they can even pull up a photo of your license plate. Your vehicle is unimportant unless it is stolen!

Moisheh

We had soemone with us last year who was refused a permit. It was his own company. i went back into my rig where i have a printer, downloaded a nice looking letterhead and used other customers to witness it. It worked

PNW_Wood
Explorer
Explorer
make sure you get a temporary import permit. There are special procedures for taking a vehicle that far into Mx. Maybe you know this already, but figured I'd toss it out there.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have crossed the US border with company vehicles for over 45 years. NEVER have I been questioned. If you had a pickup with ladders and tool boxes there would be problems. When you hand them your passport the computer shows all of your border crossings and they can even pull up a photo of your license plate. Your vehicle is unimportant unless it is stolen!

Moisheh

tepetapan
Explorer
Explorer
sparksmex wrote:
Escalade sounds like a target for trouble

A notarized letter of permission from the company ..... then it may depend on who is on duty

A target for trouble?? That is considered an upper middle class truck and is no big deal.
And it does not depend who is on duty, the law allows it with a letter of permission and once again, not a big deal.

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
I think even going through the USA border you will have questions, I guess you must bring autorisation and they will probably probe you to know what your intentions are, like are you going to do business. If the vehicle has a bank lien, I am pretty sure you must have a letter from the bank also.

I know people using their own business pickup to go to Florida from Canada and they remove all business stickers to have less problem.

There are some campings in USA that says "No commercial signs on vehicles" on the campsite. Also in some community, I know someone who know someone :),that rented a condo in Florida and on the first day he was told to remove his company SUV from the condo area.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I have brought in Company vehicles for many years. I simply carried a letter that had no expiry date granting me permission to use the vehicle in Mexico. I did have it notarized. I agree that an Escalade is like having a sign on it that says: Please steal this vehicle. I hope it is not Black!

Moisheh

sparksmex
Explorer
Explorer
Escalade sounds like a target for trouble

A notarized letter of permission from the company ..... then it may depend on who is on duty