cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Hwy 1 Santa Rosa or Jenner to Point Arena with 33' MH?

AZRick
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone driven north on Hwy 1 from Jenner lately- if so, how is it? I know it's likely to be winding and relatively narrow.

Alternatively, how about going up 101 and over on 128 to Mountain View Road to the coast? Mountain View Road looks to be very winding, but that's not necessarily a problem unless it's severe.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drove it last week with the truck and camper in signature. There are hard switchbacks beyond Jenner climbing to the top of the bluffs. A couple wide turnouts before Timber Cove including a couple 300 degree turns (it seems).
We stayed at ocean Cove campground and I know some of the motorhomes, toy haulers and pull trailers came through the Jenner area. it's doable if you plan on staying along the Sonoma Coast but forget about sight-seeing while driving. If your destination is to stay along the Mendocino coast and travel north, come across from Willits into Fort Bragg.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

AZRick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I just spoke with someone who confirmed not to take Mountain View Road, to take 128 all the way northwest to Hwy 1 at Albion, and drive south from there.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
If Jenner and Point Arena are north of San Francisco this is NOT recommended for an rv that size. VERY much a winding road with switchbacks that put your backend into the other lane. Don't know about 128.
You need a Mountain Directory that gives you information about steep grades and winding roads in every state, available on Amazon or at truck stops.