cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campbellsville KY to Chattanooga, TN

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
40 foot Class A towing an open trailer with Harley Trike in Late December. Would you cut over to I-65, I-75 or go straight south on using SR 111 in TN? Thanks for your thoughts. Obviously we would be checking the current weather conditions.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
3 REPLIES 3

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
If you elect to pass thru Nashville, do not take the downtown route. It is horrible rough, so rough you think you are going to damage the MH. Take I-65 till you hit 155, the Briley Parkway, its a loop around the east side of Nashville, and is six lanes or so and quite smooth. Goes out past Opryland and past the airport. It is limited access till you get near the airport then you have two or three traffic lights, then exit off of it onto I-24 south to go to Chattanooga. Its five or so extra miles but the traffic is lighter and the ride much better. I came thru Nashville about 7 pm back in late august thinking it was late, why bother going around, only to discover horrible traffic, crazy drivers and the extremely rough road. Every other time for the past several years I have taken the Briley Parkway, but will no longer even attempt to go thru town after this last experience.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Time wise, it's going to be the same if not a little quicker on the interstates if you can hit Nashville at the right time which you should. Will definitely be more relaxing on the interstate.

However, if you want to see some pretty scenery in TN, 111 isn't a bad choice if you aren't in a hurry and don't mind some back roads with a steep hill on 111 outside of Chattanooga. If you do take 111, take a extra night or two and visit Fall Creek Falls SP. Worth the stop.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what you want to see...the countryside or the same 'ol interstate.
Me, I'd go straight south pulling my 40' 5er.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto