cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheraw, SC to NJ?

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to avoid I 95 and don't want to do the Delaware/Chesapeake route...we're going to go that way on our trip back to Florida.
So, thinking north from Cheraw...then what? I 81?
I'm not opposed to the interstate...maybe a combination of road types. We are planning to spend the night on the road.
Suggestions?
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉
1 REPLY 1

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not sure how/why you made Cheraw a stop. But since you obviously like the back roads, nothing-ness, here is my advice.

From Cheraw, take 1 north towards Rockingham where you can pick up 220/Future I-73/74. This is a new interstate but not heavily commercialized yet. That will get you are far as Greensboro.

From Greensboro, you could stay on 220 to Roanoke where I would either grab the Blue Ridge Parkway or I-81. Have not taken 220 past Greensboro, but it should be pretty nice except for crossing the mountains.

Or, catch 29 and take it up to I-64 where you can cross the mountains to I-81. Have traveled this route about five years ago and found it very nice

Once you get on I-81, you are out of my service area and could be subject to poor roaming advice.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)