cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Easport Me

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Once in Maine going north, what is the best route to Eastport? Also how many hours from Maine state line? Thanks in advance
LUVRVN
11 REPLIES 11

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies! And BillMFI, totally agree about Red's!!!!
LUVRVN

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
soricobob wrote:
When in Maine if you ask about Route 9, it's called "the airline". You'll see why! Also, check out Cobscook State Park (highest tides), Campobello (FDR's home), and if you get a chance Red's in Wiscasset.
we laugh at the long lines of tourists at reds-- way overated--- you can bigger and better here in boothbay and any other working harbor
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
It has been several years, so maybe someone closer can give you better information. We went to Arcadia National Park and Bar Harbor, from there took US 1 on up to Lubec. It then loops around, and goes on up to Eastport. It was two lane, but we were not in a hurry, and enjoyed the drive up the coast. Someone might also know if there is a ferry from Lubec over to Eastport.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Campobello (FDR's home)

You physically have to cross the border into Canada to get there. If you plan on it you will need a passport, passport card, or birth certificate and other picture ID such as a license. Here is their website:

http://www.fdr.net/home

Rt. 9 is called the "airline" but with many improvements over the past 10 or so years it's a fairly easy run. Very pretty drive.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link. If you enjoy reading at all, and/or know anything about Maine, you will enjoy. Most are available in e-books free through your library. Not the greatest literature, but a lot of fun to read.

Home repair is Homocide Series

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
When in Maine if you ask about Route 9, it's called "the airline". You'll see why! Also, check out Cobscook State Park (highest tides), Campobello (FDR's home), and if you get a chance Red's in Wiscasset.

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of Sara Grave????
LUVRVN

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If not, you need to.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Have you been reading Sara Graves's books again??

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - one of the route maps showed this but seemed crazy to go so far up 9 before heading back down to Eastport.
LUVRVN

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I95 to Bangor and then eather 1 or 9. About 300 miles from Portsmouth NH eather way but will take a long time on RT 1.