cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cincinnati to DC

THE_BELLs
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking for some advice on routes from Cincinnati to Washington, DC (Cherry Hill Park) for the end of this week. We’re a 39’ Class A towing a little car. The rub is this: We’ve noticed that the normally bad springtime roads are absolutely horrible this year –I guess due to the rough winter. We just recently drove from Phoenix to Cincy and this is the worst road condition season we’ve seen since we began RV-ing 7 years ago. Our poor little weenie dog is so shelled-shocked by the noise of hitting potholes that we had to get some sleepy pills from the vet for him. Since I can’t have any of his pills, I’m looking for advice on the least offensive roads from Cincy to DC. Any advice from locals or recent travelers is appreciated.
Lewis, Martha and Riley the Rotten Daschund!
2005 Travel Supreme Envoy
LBell11@comcast.net
3 REPLIES 3

AlCar
Explorer
Explorer
Stay off of I-79 in southern PA or I-77 In W. VA. Both are pothole capitals of the states. Suggest I-70 to PA Turnpike (if you don't mind paying extra toll), then south out of Midway to DC. Nice drive and smooth roads.

PotKorn
Explorer
Explorer
I'd take I-70 east to Frederick, MD, then 270 south to DC area, then east on 495(?) to US1. Cherry Hill is just off of the interstate. It's a great park.

BTW, going south on 270 you'll see signs telling you to take toe local lanes. It's quicker and easier not to do that.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Cincinnati and I've driven to Cherry Hill Park, but not recently enough to tell you where the potholes are. Maybe somebody has driven it in the last week, but even that isn't 100% reliable. Pothole season rears it ugly head about this time every year.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.