cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colorado highway between limon and littleton

tina1bear
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from the east on I70 into Colorado.
At Limon I noticed route 86 heading to Castle Rock & i-25.
What kind of road is 86? It looks like a easier way to go towards Littleton and Avoid Denver. Any Advice??
3 REPLIES 3

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
tina1bear wrote:
Thanks we will be traveling this route in July. Just wondering if the road is in good condition, is it windy, steep or etc.??

Not steep out there. Some rolling hills. Can get windy at times, but that's true of most of eastern Colorado. Roadway is fine, at least last time I was through that area.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

tina1bear
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks we will be traveling this route in July. Just wondering if the road is in good condition, is it windy, steep or etc.??

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
tina1bear wrote:
We will be traveling from the east on I70 into Colorado.
At Limon I noticed route 86 heading to Castle Rock & i-25.
What kind of road is 86? It looks like a easier way to go towards Littleton and Avoid Denver. Any Advice??

Depends on when. It's a state highway, so the standards, though not the same as US highways, are similar. It's pretty well travelled, particularly as you get closer to Kiowa and Elizabeth; from those towns west, you'll see more traffic.

If you're coming through any time in the near future, keep an eye on the weather. East/West roads like that can be subject to very windy conditions with blowing/drifting snow during a snowstorm, particularly from the stretch from Limon to Kiowa. CDOT is responsible for plowing, so they will try to keep it open, just depends on the weather.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.