cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Craters of Diamonds to Branson

RCDCTN
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to hear from someone who has made this trip? We prefer to take the back roads but some of them look a bit curvy. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Randy & Donna

2012 Expedition EL
2015 Sunset Trail 300BH

Retiring 2018
5 REPLIES 5

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
I have found that the state roads in Arkansas are indeed hilly and winding, but I always enjoy the drive. The surface is usually very smooth. The key to happiness is to know what the roads are like and to enjoy the drive because you chose that route. If you are trying to make time it would be better to use the freeways and US highways.

We have enjoyed all our RV trips up to Arkansas and have enjoyed the drives on state highways.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We have done it both ways and it is a beautiful drive.
On the way, you should stop at the Hotsprings NP and learn about the springs and hospital.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Cup_fan
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 7 between Crater of Diamonds and Branson is an absolutely beautiful drive. But very hilly and windey with some tight curves, and a few steep grades. In a vehicle I highly recommend it, but not sure I'd recommend it with an RV. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I consider myself to be fairly seasoned at towing a travel trailer, and I'd sure have to think twice about it before I attempted it.
2015 Silverado 2500HD
2015 Rockwood 8315 BSS
Sammie and Ginger (our four legged kids)
Navy veteran

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I-30 to I-40 to 65 is great route. If you choose this route, stop at Ferguson's for coffee and cobbler....you will not regret it.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
I would take I-30 to Little Rock, then I-40 to Conway and Hwy 65 to Branson. You can take Hwy 27 to Hwy 28 and then Hwy 7 to Hwy 65 with backroads all the way to Branson. It is a beautiful drive and the roads are not that bad but it is a long slow drive. Lots of curves and hills but very pretty country (most of it).
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".