cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delivery from alaska

WarPhil
Explorer
Explorer
We love to RV and are saving our pennies to purchase. In the mean time we have had great success with one way RV rentals. Cruise America rolling into AZ and out of AZ have been great ways for us to scratch the RV itch without breaking the bank. We would love to do something like this from Alaska to the lower 48, hopefully to the pacific NW but not a requirement. I've found several deals delivering RVs from the lower 48 to Alaska in the spring, but not anything about bringing them back in the fall. Does anyone know of such a beast?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
2 REPLIES 2

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Your best bet would be to contact some of the RV rental agencies in Alaska and ask them that question. A year or so back, I saw an ad in the newspaper in Anchorage, online, or on Craig's List in Anchorage for one of the big rental companies looking for people to take some of their used RVs back south for the company to sell.

Last spring, one of the big rental companies in Anchorage sent up 150 new Class Cs from the factory here in the Lower 48. The used market in Alaska can't handle that many used rigs, that were replaced with the new ones, at one time, when several of the Alaska companies are doing the same, as well as military personnel rotating outside and needing to get rid of their RVs they bought while on their two year tour of Alaska.

It is very beneficial to the company if they can find drivers willing to take the used units south to the Lower 48 and pay the fuel costs to do so. Saves the rental company having to pay the freight to put it on a south bound barge to Washington.

I think it was Great Alaskan Holidays that had the ad out that year, believe it was in the fall time. I have never seen them advertise for moving them this direction here in the Lower 48. Many summer workers in Alaska are heading home in the fall so it works well for the rental agencies to send the used ones south.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak with any certainty, but there are some pretty aggressive sales (in AK) every year that I THINK are where they sell the excess RV fleet, whether rental or excess inventory......so probably not a whole lot of opportunity for driving from Alaska to America.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN