cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Network Reception in the Canadian Maritime Region?

iggyAZ
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a 2 month trip in 2014 into the Canadian Maritime.
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Newfoundland
PEI

I was wondering if anyone that has travelled up NE had Dish Network and was it possible to get any reception that far north.

I have been told that most have to tilt their portable dish way down to get any reception.

Is it at all possible to get any channels?

Thank you.
2012 Forest River Georgetown XL 378TS
6 REPLIES 6

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I wish my Dish box knew that.

If your using a tailgater, I don't know of a way to use eastern arc. Any other dish setup should be usable with a little setup.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my Dish box knew that.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Dish has about 60 channels on what they call a "secondary satellite" at 61.5 some of those are PPV and the rest aren't all in english. They have well over 200 ot 119. If you don't have their most expensive package you get almost nothing without the satellite at 119.

They also have a sat at 72 and another at 77. Those along with the 61.5 provide all the same content available on the western arc.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Dish has about 60 channels on what they call a "secondary satellite" at 61.5 some of those are PPV and the rest aren't all in english. They have well over 200 ot 119. If you don't have their most expensive package you get almost nothing without the satellite at 119.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what the correct answer is, but its not k Charles's. Dish has an eastern arc with sats around the 70 degree range. How far north they can be seen I don't know.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We have Directv at home and Dish in the TT. Most of Directv is on 110 and most of Dish is on 119. Dish doesn't work at home because if I set the dish elevation to 23 like they want it's aimed at the swamp out back. We only use Dish if we go south or west, if we go north we take Directv from the house.