cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disney World to Key Largo

gandydancer
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Florida Turnpike overly congested? Would two lane roads be better? Thanks
04.5 Dmax EC SB
04 Sunnybrook 2450
5 REPLIES 5

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
The rest stops are pretty good(left exits and you renter in fast lane) and they have fuel available. Not always places to park and some are under construction which can complicate things, but lots of food choices.
Where you enter the turnpike when headed south is for locals to advise.
I checked web site for a โ€œlookdownโ€ and down and back to Key Largo I get fuel in one rest stop and food at another.
Construction made for tight entry to pumps and gas station employees went out of thier way to squeeze me in, excellent service. Some of the construction may be finished since I was there last May.
Yes it is a good road.
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh yes the last section of the TP has automated toll collection, they have cameras over the roadway and they take photos of your license plate. You'll get a bill in the mail in a few weeks.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

gandydancer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
04.5 Dmax EC SB
04 Sunnybrook 2450

agesilaus wrote:
The Fl TP is the best least congested road down to the keys, Take it all the way to the end and it runs you right onto the highway down to the keys. The Turnpike can get congested inside Miami but take my word for it, all the other roads are Much worse.

X2 ! ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Fl TP is the best least congested road down to the keys, Take it all the way to the end and it runs you right onto the highway down to the keys. The Turnpike can get congested inside Miami but take my word for it, all the other roads are Much worse.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper