cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Every wagon masters nightmare

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
After a flawless 82 day trip, we were about 50 miles from the border when an incident happened. The rig at the rear position (A 5th wheel) cut off a semi in a lane change and unbeknownst to him drove him off the road. A guy in an SUV behind saw it happen and stopped a federale parked 2 miles down the road and told him. I heard from people on teh CB further back that one of ours had been stopepd and it took me over 5 min to find a place to ge tthem all parked and to turn around & go back to help. When I got there the Federale was furious, he spoke no English and was brow beating the customer big time. I tried to cross the road but he started yeelling at me, so I waited until he traffic died down and pulled my rig across. At that point he started talking to me so fast I had problems understanding, but it was apparent he thought our customer had known what happened and kept on going. I finally settled him down, managed to get my partner on the phone to talk in Spainish to him. About that time the semi in question showed up. He had been driven into an embankment so had not rolled , but there was a strut broken on his suspension and some scratches on the box. At this point my customer who was convinced he was going to jail started apologizing to the truck driver. I asked the truck driver what he thought the damage would cost fix and he said about 3000 pesos (about $200). I paid him and managed to convince the cop that our customer had not been aware of what happened behind him. The long & short of it was that everybody was happy and myself, the customer, the cop & the driver had a group hug (I am not kidding, literally we did)
18 REPLIES 18

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
$200 is getting away real cheap.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet you paid for the Mexican trucker's previously damaged truck. lol
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote:
Cash always speaks the loudest, in all languages. LOL!

Yep, loud and clear. I'm glad it worked out for everyone involved.
I don't think Mexican jails are are on the top ten list of places to visit while south of the border.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Cash always speaks the loudest, in all languages. LOL!
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L