cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else having problems connecting to the forum from a Mexican IP. I can connect using a VPN, but not directly from Mazatlán.
35 REPLIES 35

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Still no rv.net west end of Chapala - - goodsamclub says . . . ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED . . . when I try to log in - trailerlife working just fine.

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in San Fernando RV Park, Mazatlan. Same problem here. I now use Trailer Life RV forum through google. I did have an icon short cut which no longer works as of last week sometime. I was able to login with user name and pass word to post here. Everything else but RV.Net has been working as normal without any changes. Therefore I think it must be something at the good sam end.

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Monterrey, Rv.Net. No major issues.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't know about that one either.......

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/66.cfm

Does anyone else have any other specific details? This could help get things fixed if we keep posting so the webmaster can figure out what is going on. Post where you are in MEXICO and what you are using to access which website. Thanks

I was able to access and login on Woodall's.

Talleyho69
Don't forget forums.woodalls.com/

As long as one works for me, I don't have a problem.

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
Today, Trailer life is fine. Good Sam's I can read, but not log in. RV.net is still only available with a VPN, and I can log in, but not post. I live in Mazatlán, and use the Telmex $389p program, which gives me 5mb download and also a land line.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the 3 website addresses I have been on or trying to get on which all have the same forums.

Trailer Life seems to be working well.

https://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/66.cfm

Good Sam Club I can get on and read posts but cannot login to post – can’t register either – when I click on login or register I just get an error message.

http://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/66.cfm

rv.net does not seem to work at all – cannot get on the website – message website not available.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/66.cfm

Please post your experience today from MEXICO if you have been on or tried to get on these websites.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried rv.net again and it is still nonexistent so Mod does not actually know what is happening.

When you post please indicate which of the mentioned websites you are using to access the forum - rv.net - goodsamclub - trailerlife - or whatever.

We know now that trailerlife works but the others do not as far as I can tell. There is a problem somewhere in the system so we might be able to help them track it down if we post how we are accessing - example being someone just posted it is working but did not say what is working - so I checked rv.net and found it is not working. Let's try to help them fix this by providing some more detailed information. Thanks

It might also be useful to post where you are in MEXICO and what you are using to access the internet.

We are currently at the west end of Lake Chapala using both Infinitum WiFi and Telcel Banda Ancha - with the same result other than speed - both very slow.

AND AGAIN - all other websites we try to access - banking - Amazon - American Airlines - and many others no problem - this post is only about this forum and access to this forum from MEXICO.

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got into it today, I sent a message to the Mod. and he said there had been problems but all is go now.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Was South of Mazatlan the month of Dec and never had any problems using a Mexican ISP address accessing any of my NOB sites on the net including Netflix.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
I think this only applies to those trying to access these websites from Mexico.

If you are in Mexico and can read this please try to post your recent experience on either rv.net or goodsamclub forums - we now know trailerlife works but the others still do not at last check.

If you can read this but cannot login or register please try to notify the webmaster at the CONTACT link in the upper right of this page.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
We are in San Antonio TX since January 2 and the RV.NET site has been a hit and miss, we were in Mexico last year and a couple of times there was a message that stated that the site was down for maintenance.

navegator

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've received several emails since yesterday from rvers who are in Mexico now who cannot access rv.net. They have asked me to post so that the Admin can take some action.

Some have reported the problems via email and have received a case number but no responses other than that.

Could someone from Admin please acknowledge that there is a problem somewhere and that it is being worked on?

Thanks
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
The forum has been offline for me a few times recently - accessing it from the States.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We have been trying to get on rv.net for days with no luck.

Got on the goodsamclub.com forum which is also the same but could not get on login page or to register.

Now the trailerlife tip gets us here.

I have been writing to the webmaster who says it is not them but must be our server.

We use both Telcel and Infinitum plus various WiFi locations with no luck.

The webmaster insists it is not them. They say it is Mexico.

Some people do seem to still be able to get on but others we are in contact with cannot.

Please go to the trailerlife forums if you cannot get on rv.net or goodsamclub forums - if you can read this - since many cannot even get on rv.net to even post they can't get on.

I have been writing to . . . webmasteratrv.net . . . (of course put the symbol for at in there) and maybe everyone else who can still read this on goodsam can also write to tell them it is not working.

Thanks for the tip on using trailerlife to get here.

We can get every other website we use and can order things on Amazon and do banking etc. Everything works but the Good Sam system - which includes rv.net and goodsamclub.com. Everything we can think of on the internet but this system works just fine.