cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

From Harrisburg to Memphis

Wandering_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best route for a classA with a toad. Road conditions etc. First time driving that route. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks McD (Harrisburg, PA to Memphis, TN)
7 REPLIES 7

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I think The River has receded enough that Tom Sawyer in West Memphis might be open again. Great if you wanna watch the barges/boats on the Mighty Mississippi! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Graceland RV park has pretty good reviews, and a shuttle to Beale St.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend Fort Chiswell for a overnight stop in Va. short drive off of 81 long pull thru sites, should not have to unhook. 81 to 40 is a great route and nice drive.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you don't have a gun they will give you one when you get there. lol

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busskipper wrote:
Wandering Storm wrote:
What is the best route for a classA with a toad. Road conditions etc. First time driving that route. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks McD (Harrisburg, PA to Memphis, TN)

Thinking I'd stick to I-81 south to I-40.

MAP

After you get used to the set up you will be more confident and be able to explore a few of the Black Roads.

Lets just stick to Easy first - Maybe up to Columbus and across I-70 on the way home?

Just a thought.

Best of Luck,

^^^^^^ This. What Bill said.

"Best" is always subjective, but this is an excellent route to take. I've driven a goodly portion of all of it at some point when I was an East Coaster. I-81 is a beautiful drive as interstates go, heading down the western portion of Virginia, with mountains on both sides of you. I-40 not too difficult, there will be some ups/downs between the 'villes (Knox and Nash) but nothing strenuous. Gets rather flat the closer you get to Memphis.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
Wandering Storm wrote:

MAP

After you get used to the set up you will be more confident and be able to explore a few of the Black Roads.

Lets just stick to Easy first - Maybe up to Columbus and across I-70 on the way home?

Just a thought.

Lots of nice campgrounds through Virginia and across Tennessee too!

Best of Luck,
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Wandering Storm wrote:

MAP

Just a thought.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach