cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-40 Between Kingman AZ and Tucumcari NM

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Just traveled East on I-40. The road is in generally good repair. There are several spots where there is road constructions and some one lane travel and as on any highway there are areas of rough road
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel
1 REPLY 1

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have traveled alot on I40 centered on FLAGSTAFF West to KINGMAN and East to WINSLOW. Having lived in the Phoenix area back in the 70s we did alot of camping in the high country in the Sedona-Jermone areas and up in the FLAGSTAFF and surrounding Indian Ruins and Crater areas... Then down through PAYSON and all of the Lakes on the Apache Trail back roads...

Running Jeeps pulling utility trailer loaded down with camping supplies was always best mode of camping back then... Going in groups was the icing on the cake haha... Not many of us have ever seen the Black Rattlesnakes in the high country of Arizona and New mexico...

Many many wonderful times back then...

I have almost forgotten the several trips I made when living in Wichita falls Texas heading to Lubbuck and on to Las Cruces running the working years. Got to see alot of West Texas, New Mexico and Arizona in those years... There are other ways to go out West and not traveling on I40...

Memories that will last forever for sure...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS