cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I 59 Road Condition

titleman
Explorer
Explorer
Heading over to the Asheville, NC area next week and will be using I 59 from Birmingham to Chattanooga. Last time I was on it (4-5 years ago) it was really rough. Have any of you guys been on it lately and have they made any improvements on it?

One other question. I will be coming back from Asheville to Pigeon Forge. Looks like I could get off I 40 near Newport and take 411 over to Seveiville. Is 411 a good road for pulling a 5er?

Thanks for any advice you could give me.

Joe
Titleman
2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
4 REPLIES 4

titleman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Folks! Sure glad to hear they have been doing some work on I-59. I was dreading that part of the trip, as the last time I was through there it was terrible.

Also, thanks for the info on Hwy. 411. I will take that road on my way back to Pigeon Forge.
Titleman
2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Rt 411 is a decent road to get to Sevierville pulling a 5'er.

If you are going into Pigeon Forge toward Dollywood, turn at the 17.3 traffic light instead of going into Sevierville and then going toward Pigeon Forge. This will be Veterans Memorial, which turns into Dollywood Parkway and runs right by Dollywood. It comes out at traffic light #6, so you bypass most of the heavy traffic around the outlets.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
The bad section just north of Gadsden has been fixed. They are now working from there north to the Georgia line.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would hope that I59 road between GADSDEN and FORT PAYNE has got better by now. I had to make many work trips over I50 heading for North Texas pulling my off-road POPUP. I would look back there and the darn wheels would be bouncing off the ground. Every 8-feet section of concrete was buckling back then... The tractor trailers would be running down the side of the road all through there.

I would always have to check my roof mounted air conditioner and retighten the four long screws after every trip...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS