cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Idaho Falls, ID to Bozeman, MT

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone driven from Idaho Falls to Bozeman, MT on 20 and 191 with an RV? We have not driven that road before and are curious what it will be like for our 30 foot motorhome and toad. Thank you in Advance.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity
8 REPLIES 8

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
A beautiful drive.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use these routes during the summer with our dually crew cab and 38' fiver. You will have no problem. I will warn you though, there is usually some road construction on both these routes. This is also a popular 18 wheel route since they cut off at Bozeman and go on down to Idaho Falls instead of taking I-90 to I-15. But they must take Rt. 287 just north of West Yellowstone over to Rt. 87 back to US 20. They aren't allowed thru the tourist trap town of West Yellowstone.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Beautiful drive! I assume, though, that you are not contemplating this in the winter.

Snork, in 1974 we were hauling some show cattle up that road to Bozeman. The main truck broke down and the "rescue" truck didn't have the power to pull the cattle trailer, loaded over one of the passes. So we unloaded the big bull and I was leading him up the final grade, at night, in a blinding snow storm.

The guys in the main truck, got it fixed and were hours behind us, at breakfast the next morning they were hearing truckers talking about this fool they saw, leading a bull on the highway in the snow storm.

But honestly, semis take the road all the time, year around.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's the main route to West Yellowstone, both from north and south.

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Beautiful drive! I assume, though, that you are not contemplating this in the winter.

LOL, no it will be in May maybe June.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a good road and used by RVs a lot.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No problems with your rig. Well traveled two lane highway.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker