cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Mexican Fuel Prices

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Our illustrious president has promised.that there will be no increase in fuel prices. That said, he never claimed that wouldn't include increases in IEPS (sin tax) for gasoline, diesel, cigarettes and liquor. He is intent on reviving the failing PEMEX and will throw as much money as possible at it. Current PEMEX debt is 102 billion dollars and he needs an additional 108 billion dollars to bring the existing five refineries up to par and to build his new claim to fame, the refinery Dos Bocas.

Here are the increases for 2020:

En el caso de la Magna, el IEPS tendrá un incremento de 2.911%, respecto del 2019; mientras que la Premium de 2.956% y el diésel de 3.030 por ciento.

Magna 2.911%

Premium 2.95%

Diesel 3.030 %

Feliz Año Nuevo!!!!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
13 REPLIES 13

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pemex north side of PV next to Home Depot. We are in Lo De Marcos.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
wow, relatively speaking, a huge difference.

Interesting the differences when we use to have none!

I travel around Mexico quite a bit. I use an app called Gasolina MX. It uses GPS for my location. It lists the stations and prices nearby.

Talleyho69
wow, relatively speaking, a huge difference.

Interesting the differences when we use to have none!

peachland
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Manzanillo,best price here is 19.00

Talleyho69
Where are you? Was it a Pemex?

The input on the fuel prices is greatly appreciated.

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here yesterday we paid 19.96 for Magna
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

Talleyho69
Magna here yesterday was 20.44, at a Pemex in Zihuatanejo on highway 200.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
A lot depends on where you buy your fuel. Every Monday on the president's daily two-hour rant of which I watch everyone, there is a presentation from PROFECO (Mexico's BBB) that lists the stations with the highest and the lowest prices. This week, Costco Tabasco came in with a price of 17.96 per liter (Magna) and the highest was almost 23 pesos per liter (Magna).

In many cases, to remain competitive, franchise owners are absorbing the cost.

For those not familiar with PROFECO, apart from consumer complaints, they also list all products for sale in Mexico with the highest and lowest prices in the section of their website called, "Quien Es Quien". Very useful.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
It has been 2 weeks since the tax increase on fuel went into effect. I have not noticed any increase in prices. Do you think the dealers absorbed the increase?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
When will they give up on Pemex
Technically it is bankrupt.
Moisheh

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Dam, when you do the math for diesel it comes out to a $0.13 USD a gallon increase.

I am going to fill up manana.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
PEMEX debt:

Pemex Debt

El presidente mexicano Andrés Manuel López Obrador heredó a Pemex con 106,000 millones de dólares de deuda financiera cuando asumió su mandato el 1 diciembre de 2018. Su predecesor Enrique Peña Nieto había recibido la petrolera estatal con 61,000 millones de dólares en deuda financiera cuando asumió su cargo el 1 diciembre de 2012.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador inherited a Pemex with 106 billion dollars of financial debt when he took office on December 1, 2018. His predecessor Enrique Peña Nieto had inherited the state oil company with 61 billion dollars in financial debt when he assumed his position on December 1, 2012.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last construction estimate I heard was 8 billion dollars.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad