cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Indio to Buellton on a weekday morning

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Will be traveling from Indio to Buellton on a weekday morning. Don't want to get a late start as we want to be in Buellton by noon or so.
Our typical route would take 210 across metro LA area to 126 to 101. Am I correct to be worried about horrible rush hour traffic that route?

What about I15 to 138 to 14 to 126? Its only 10 miles further but is it good road for towing a 5'er? Would it be a better choice?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
21 REPLIES 21

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
I have seen others mention routing through palmdale for other destinations. Have you driven the 2nd route mentioned and can describe the route and any issues?

We recently traveled from Redlands to Ventura on a Tuesday morning using the 215->15->138->14->126->101 just to avoid as much of the LA area as possible. We started mid-morning so missed much of the 215 and 15 rush hour. Much of the 138 is just two lane, but mostly decent road. I'd recommend leaving early enough to miss as much of the San Bernardino area traffic as possible. But you may hit some traffic on the 14.
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
There are no alternatives.

I have seen others mention routing through palmdale for other destinations. Have you driven the 2nd route mentioned and can describe the route and any issues?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
There are no alternatives. The first route in your post is the best, however, you will still encounter heavy traffic. If you need to be at your destination at a particular time and want to miss most of the heavy traffic. I suggest hitting the road no later than 4 a.m. Good luck!

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I'm well aware of LA traffic, hence the question. Would appreciate info on alternative routes from those that have driven them.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Then leave one more day early. LA traffic is blankety blank blank. Good luck to you.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
I highly recommend a late morning start so you can miss most of the heavy morning-commute traffic.

That would put us in Buellton at 1pm or later and would interfere with plans we have for the afternoon.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I highly recommend a late morning start so you can miss most of the heavy morning-commute traffic.