Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kanab - Provo

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for best way to do this.

Google says 89-20-15 for 270 miles and just about 4 hours driving as the preferred way. Optional is 89-6 for 275 miles but 5 hours driving.

I know we have done the 89-6 but now have greater need to spend less time in the truck due to some not major, but troublesome, health issues.

Mountain Directory does not make the 20 sound too bad but wanted good input from my favorite source - this Forum.

Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Gonna have to do it one way or another here is about a week.

Thanks.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

2 REPLIES 2

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, johnna, and you know I always trust your input.

I think you were the one that told us about the 89-6 at one time and we did it; it is a nice drive. See how we feel but we might want the one less hour driving.

Barbara is having some low back / butt issues and, depending on the day, cannot sit real long at a time sometimes.

This will be third day out - of 70 -- long story short --- Tucson area thru UT, ID and OR (side trip to Mt. St. Helens again), on the OR Coast for nearly a month and then back down thru Klamath Falls and down the 395 (again - we love it) and back to home.

Think we will plan the 89-6 as we like the beauty but keep the other in mind just in case.

This is probably our last haul to the OR Coast and we love it up there.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

johnna
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the more scenic drive 89-6. However, 89-20-15 is a viable option. There is a long grade up and down over the mountains on 20, but not that bad. 20 is a very good highway with passing lanes where needed.

:C
2004 Ford 350 Super Duty 2W Dirve Long Bed PU
2008 327RLT Montana Mountaineer 35 ft. 5th wheel
2005 Alaska and other Trip Logs