Longer closure gathering momentum...

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
73 REPLIES 73

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the even more staggering number of cases going on right now in the US since lifting the two months of restrictions, there is no stopping this spread - now that it seems twice as worse, but yet there are no significant mandated restrictions put in place this time which I don't get why....

My guess in the foreseeable future right now is no worldwide tourism for the next two years unless this pandemic somehow becomes under control by then as I cannot see any vaccine that can stop this 30 reported different mutated strains of covid the last I read as it first left China with two different strains back then.

Because of this current event alone along with the way the United States is currently handling the crisis, it looks like I will not be able to visit Canada this year, so my 13 out of the last 14 year streak of visiting Canada will be put to an end this year.

At least in 2019 - I finally got to experience the Okanagan region for the first time last year, and got to see Abbortsford, Chilliwack, Hope and Cache Creek for the first time in 28 years, while driving my camper rig all the way to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Las Vegas to see family for the first time in 10 years, and seeing Reno and Sparks for the first time in 47 years - and if I was not a week behind schedule I would have stopped by South Lake Tahoe and Stateline to see it since 1972 when I lived there as a child also.

Sure glad I made this trip before the turn of events happened.

It is unfortunate that they did not immediately stop international and domestic travel from the start.

Hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel for us RV'ers to roam freely again in North America.
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
ty for the link Boon Docker. Just one word describes what is happening in USA

MESS

You're welcome Don.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:

MESS

Actually, I think itโ€™s better described as a HOT MESS

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

MESS
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
cptqueeg wrote:
105,xxx or 106,xxx on Bing is a 24 hour talley that appears to include 2 calender days of reports in one number.

Yes, that looks like what happened yesterday. The numbers were double what they were previous days.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
105,xxx or 106,xxx on Bing is a 24 hour talley that appears to include 2 calender days of reports in one number.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boon Docker wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
The US had 105,000 new cases confirmed in just one day, today.
So Canada, please keep the border closed.

I can't find 105k new cases in USA. Where did you get that information?

Here

Looking at some other sites I have a feeling that was a misprint yesterday. Other sites say 53K, but that is still 1/2 the amount in just one day of all the confirmed cases in Canada.
I sure do hope the US gets things under control soon. That is just terrible what is happening to our neighbors down south.

The Bing page quoted here lists 57,209 for US on 7/3/2020.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boon Docker wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

Here

Looking at some other sites I have a feeling that was a misprint yesterday. Other sites say 53K, but that is still 1/2 the amount in just one day of all the confirmed cases in Canada.
I sure do hope the US gets things under control soon. That is just terrible what is happening to our neighbors down south.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

Here

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

7/3/2020

53,340 new cases in US

319 new cases in CA

We are sooooo tired of winning!!!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Boon Docker wrote:

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Monaramblee wrote:
I hope the border stays closed as long as it takes to minimize spread. I dont know how long that should be, thats why i trust the professionals. Canada currently has good control of this virus.
Its important to remember that corona is the enemy. We are all in this together.

Yes, I would say Canada has good control of this virus. Canada has a total of 105,000 confirmed cases since this pandemic started. The US had 105,000 new cases confirmed in just one day, today.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
gmckenzie...as I am sure you know, but for others...the lock-down that is now lifting in stages has spawned a tidal wave of RV purchases and a drive into the hinterlands. RV sales have skyrocketed...anything that 'appears' to be usable as a camping method...tents, tarps, old vans...new anything...huge debt being incurred.

Any scrap of ground they can camp on is taken between Vancouver and probably Prince George. If a person has field with a pond? man...they could almost retire.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7132809/coronavirus-quarantine-canada-travellers/

Gary

Good to see.

Funny thing is, it hasn't opened up any camping spots. Be a different crowd, I guess, but just as full.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS