cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lukeville/Sonoyta Crossing

Talleyho69
Has anyone crossed there recently with dogs?

Last year, they asked for health certificates and sent us on our way. Easy.

Two years ago, 3 of them came inside, went through EVERYTHING, and did not want to let us enter with any meat, cheese, pet food, lettuce, nothing. Finally they backed down and gave us a brochure that stated that it wasn't the law, but for the good of Mexico. One of the people was a female veterinarian.

We have wondered if it was a "pet" project of someones, a PhD project, or something similar.

I'd like to know if I need to empty my freezer and fridge before I get to the border this year!!!
19 REPLIES 19

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Talleyho69 wrote:
I love to bring down my 3 pound bag of blue cheese, and they wanted to take my Chao Su Bao buns (only 2).
Yes, we don't bring down much, we are in country 5 or 6 months, and bring back way more groceries than we take down. I just would like to know if they are being really really fussy this year. We agree with their reasoning, but enforce the laws, not what they think should be the law. We generally prefer the Mexico products, but when we empty our house fridge, there are always a couple of legal treasures.
Do we love Mexico? Just acquired our Permanent Residency, and may stay.

2 thumbs up!
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Talleyho69 wrote:

Congratulations!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69

Talleyho69
I love to bring down my 3 pound bag of blue cheese, and they wanted to take my Chao Su Bao buns (only 2).
Yes, we don't bring down much, we are in country 5 or 6 months, and bring back way more groceries than we take down. I just would like to know if they are being really really fussy this year. We agree with their reasoning, but enforce the laws, not what they think should be the law. We generally prefer the Mexico products, but when we empty our house fridge, there are always a couple of legal treasures.

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quick answer....we have several high quality grocery stores here. We have great Butchers for Sonoran Beef, we have Sams for lunch meat. Why bother with whether or not COFETUR is being tough on the border. Lately it feels relaxed but RV's always have fridges that will usually prompt a search.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora