cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mask use in Mexico Right Now-It's IMPORTANT!

Talleyho69
Mexico is dealing with Covid completely differently than the US is. Vaccinations are very tightly controlled by the federal government and were/are being administered by age groups. Here in Guerrero, everyone from age 18 and up has had the opportunity to receive 2 vaccinations. The vaccines used vary by age group and include at least three that are not approved in the US including Cansino and Sinovac. There are still a lot of holes. For example, our gardener was face down with Covid when his day arrived to get his first dose. He was not allowed to get the second one because he hadn't had the first and the time between shots is important. Guerrero has not yet had make ups for anyone who missed their first shot, so many are still unvaccinated who want to be vaccinated.

Testing. In Mexico, now, if you are sick and have all the wrong symptoms, chances are good you can go to the government, not private, clinics and wait in line to find out that you have it. So what? Until recently if you thought you had it you called in, they played 20 questions, and if you said the wrong things they would come to you to test you and have you stay at home for quarantine for 14 days. Very different.

MASKS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! That is for a couple of reasons. Obviously, to keep you from spreading your germs. OK, you are vaccinated, but how does anyone know that? We obviously are foreigners and the foreigners do whatever that want to do anyway. DON'T MAKE US LOOK BAD!!!!! The tourist police and the regular police here are very visible and passing out masks to those that aren't wearing one. If a non mask wearer approaches with questions, they are offered a mask. If it is refused, and it often is, they ignore the person and walk on. Boy, does that make us look bad. Unless you are sitting at a table with food or drink, playing in a pool or the ocean or lounging around the pool with drinks, you should have one on. Get up to pee? Put it on while you walk there and back.

Some of the public service messages we see, and believe in, when we go to the movies, we eat popcorn. Fine. But if we have to get up and pee, on goes the mask to leave the theater and return. At the gas station, the driver wears a mask while ordering gas and paying for it. When you tip the parking guy who backs you out, you wear your mask.

Remember, even with all the doses we hope all RVers have had, you could be carrying it and pass it on to some poor worker who like our gardener, desperately wants to get his shots and is still waiting. He missed 5 weeks of work while he had Covid, and economically is really struggling. Most workers are. I'm willing to bet money that every single worker you deal with while traveling will have a mask on all the time. Be respectful, wear one too!!!
25 REPLIES 25

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Dave in TN wrote:
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
Monaramblee wrote:
I was talking to an anti masker who told me some things about covid that did not seem to be true. I said i would Google it and he said no you will not find it with Google. So i asked what his source was and he said " word of mouth"
Bottom line is that you will never convince an anti masker anti vaxer of anything as they grab hold of any unfact checked info they can get their hands on that allows them to justify living irresponsibly during the pandemic. They will not listen to facts that will inconvenience their lifestyle.

Talk about a 2 way street lol.

Donโ€™t bother. Anyone who gets their information through Google doesnโ€™t want access to unfiltered info. They just want to be spoon fed propaganda that fits their beliefs. Probably uses Facebook too.

I get a lot of info with Google searches -- good info. The Mayo Clinic site for one. I also still access a good bit of Real Estate information the same way.

No, you can't believe everything you find on the internet, but you need to be savvy enough to weed out the trash and put your faith and trust in solid information sites (Mayo Clinic, for example). So, not everything on the internet is filtered info . . . . or "propaganda" (LOL) --- you've just got to be smart enough to know the difference, right?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Monaramblee wrote:
I was talking to an anti masker who told me some things about covid that did not seem to be true. I said i would Google it and he said no you will not find it with Google. So i asked what his source was and he said " word of mouth"
Bottom line is that you will never convince an anti masker anti vaxer of anything as they grab hold of any unfact checked info they can get their hands on that allows them to justify living irresponsibly during the pandemic. They will not listen to facts that will inconvenience their lifestyle.

Ignorance is bliss
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Distrito Federal (Mexico City) green, face masks required.

Estado de Mexico green, surrounds the DF where I live face masks required.

navegator

Talleyho69
Thank you both.

Yes, qtla9111 Proof of vaccination here in Mexico is on line and even includes your own QR code.

The Covid maps for Mexico are available and thanks for posting it.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
From another forum - the weekly Covid in Mexico mapMexico Covid map

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
There are some of us who were vaccinated here in Mexico. This is the official government website where you can scan and print your vaccine registration.

Mexico Vaccine Registration
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
Monaramblee wrote:

Donโ€™t bother. Anyone who gets their information through Google doesnโ€™t want access to unfiltered info. They just want to be spoon fed propaganda that fits their beliefs. Probably uses Facebook too.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
Monaramblee wrote:

I went.

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I'm happy to cooperate by staying out of Mexico. It doesn't sound like I'd enjoy it there with things being that way.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Great advice. Anti maskers should stay home. Nice to read that masks are required!!