cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N Ca Hwy 12

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
How is Hwy 12 from San Rosa on the 101 to the I5? We looking to take a drive through the Napa, wine country area.

I realize it will probably be a slow go, but looking to see some of the wine country on our trip up to Northern CA next year.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)
4 REPLIES 4

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
spacedoutbob wrote:
Deleted, I didn't notice poster was from Southern Calif. My directions would have headed them more North.

Actually we will be coming from the North, heading home. We are going as far North as Grants Pass Or and then taking in the sites off the 101 until North of SF and then heading back to the I5 for the run home.
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted, I didn't notice poster was from Southern Calif. My directions would have headed them more North.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Leeblev wrote:
Good route, scenic and goes close to Jack London's home. I have driven it a number of times. You should do fine in that rig all the way. When you get to Sonoma, Find a parking place and tour the main part of town. I highly recommend cheese from the cheese factory and bread from the bakery on the square. Mary's Pizza Shack restaurants get their bread from this bakery.
From Napa to I-80 is no problem. From Susuin to Rio Vista needs watching. If it is real windy, that stretch takes the brunt of it, so be prepared.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the ideas, looks like we will be adding this to our route.
Linda B.
Our Blog
FMCA# F412985

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
Good route, scenic and goes close to Jack London's home. I have driven it a number of times. You should do fine in that rig all the way. When you get to Sonoma, Find a parking place and tour the main part of town. I highly recommend cheese from the cheese factory and bread from the bakery on the square. Mary's Pizza Shack restaurants get their bread from this bakery.
From Napa to I-80 is no problem. From Susuin to Rio Vista needs watching. If it is real windy, that stretch takes the brunt of it, so be prepared.

Enjoy!
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP