Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need guidance heading south

campkodiak23
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
We will be leaving next week from south of Boston MA to the Outer banks ...
Any thoughts ??? suggestions we could use in terms of roadways to avoid, bridges etc .... we have a30 foot classC . We are hoping to leave around 3AM on a Saturday.

Thank you in advance ...

We are thinking of Chesapeake Bay Bridge / Tunnel .. has anyone done that in a class C ? We need to turn off our propane ? correct ??

how about road conditions of 95 South in CT ..urgh ....
2018 Coachman Concord 300DS
2017 Ford F150
1 hubby & me
9 REPLIES 9

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
You USED to be able to stop and boondock, and eat on the south most island of the south most tunnel of the Bay Bridge/Tunnel (South Thimble Island) at a restaurant and fishing pier, however................. Its all closed due to construction of the new parallel tunnels................ sigh.

http://www.cbbt.com/activities/restaurant-gift-shop/

All of these businesses have relocated to the north toll plaza area, and there is a KOA just north of the toll plaza plus the Eastern Shore VA tourist welcome station. Might be a good area to take a break or stop for the night.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
The Eastern Shore route is good, but it will take you awhile as its a long day. The CBBT is pretty. I drove there (OBX)in two days from Eastern LI and just did the same thing going to Myrtle Beach. If your tired on Route 13, you can camp a hour north of the CBBT is Toms Cove. Nice old fashioned CG, further South is our fave Cherrystone CG just 11 miles north of the bridge and there is also Kiptopeke CG. Stingrays just at the bridge has great ribs. Happy Trails
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Have done the CBBT many times, in a Class C and a Class A. No problem! Enjoy!
2010 Suncruiser

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I get to the eastern shore in a little over 8 hours the CBBT is not a problem I did it in a class a but the lanes seem narrow

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
The CBBT is very doable, and not a challenge. Yes, shut off the propane and your good to go.
Making that a straight shot is a long trip even for a car. You may want to reconsider stopping. The Eastern Shore in Md or Va would make a good stopover. And it will put you over halfway making the second day a much easier run.

Happy motorin.

Martha62
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I live in the NY Tappan Zee area. If you are heading south you will be fine in the am , I cross it every morning. Only if you are heading north is a problem in the am . Have a safe trip.
Martha

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan the route to go over the Hudson at Tappen Zee and then the time will matter a lot less.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

campkodiak23
Explorer
Explorer
Because we want to get past NY etc with least amount of traffic and we are doing the drive in one straight shot.. not stopping over night .
2018 Coachman Concord 300DS
2017 Ford F150
1 hubby & me

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
curious ,why leave in the middle of the night? enjoy your trip and remember , when your in the water, your no longer at the top of the food chain. lol