cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Brunswick

LaPlaya
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell me about your favorite spots in New Brunswick. I want to put together a trip there this summer. What campgrounds did you stay in and what ones , if any should I stay away from. Travelling in my 31 ft Class A. What sight seeing did you do?
Thanks.
2001 Fleetwood Flair 31A
12 REPLIES 12

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Dear Admin, moderators....... Some of us are slow readers. When a thread is put in an imperfect location, then moved after 10 or more repleis, we probably try to skim and get through the reading.

& just maybe we do a poor job of answering.

Now, here, thread starter please tell me if I do poorly at answering your question.

Places in NB I have stayed and enjoyed.
- Campobello Island. Prov. P. and enjoyed trails and buildings connected with the Roosevelts. Take the International Bridge. & once upon a time the Canadian Border Guard told my father, who had come over for to buy some fish, that he had written in his log: "admitted one skunk, no questions asked."

- Grand Manan Island. Again Prov. P. to camp. De everything you can. There is good reason why the population doubles in the summer
(haven't done Deer Island yet)

- MactaQuac PP - lots and lots and lots.

- Acadian Historical Village Give yourself a Day.

- Planing on Hartland Covered Bridge soon, soon.

- Saint John City Market

- Fundy.

David Myles submitted a song to a contest and the Prov. of NB was smart enough to follow up on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zoXjHNCi0.

There's more, of course.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Admin
dieharder wrote:
Maybe someone could move this to the appropriate forum and out of the Mexico and South America forum. I don't think we moved New Brunswick.

Ahhh!
You're no fun at all :B

Okay, I'll give it back to you :E
Moved

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe someone could move this to the appropriate forum and out of the Mexico and South America forum. I don't think we moved New Brunswick.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

LaPlaya
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea and suggestion.
2001 Fleetwood Flair 31A

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
One sight to see is Magnetic Hill by Moncton. I was there after a rain and it was a blast to see the water in the drainage ditches running uphill! Optical illusion I know but it was still a strange sight all right.
Ray

LaPlaya
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of great replies. Thanks everyone. Now to pinpoint these places on a map and come up with a route to drive.
2001 Fleetwood Flair 31A

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Roadpilot wrote:
Saint Andrews at Kiwanis and Alma at the headquarters CG of Bay of Fundy NP.

x2 on Alma at the Bay of Fundy NP. We really enjoyed our stay.

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
Hey - welcome to New Brunswick!

Another vote for St Andrews and Kawanis Ocean Front Campground. Ask for an ocean front site. They are set up to drive into so you look at the bay out your front window. (There is a road between you and the ocean but you are parked within 100 feet of the water with an unrestricted view) Sites are tight but worth a few night stay.

St. Andrews town center is a ten minute walk with lots of restaurants, whale watching, shops and history. There is a great golf course there as well. Treat yourself to a boiled lobster served steaming hot with drawn butter!

Hartt Island Campground is a on the Saint John River in Fredericton. A great city with a good restaurant and pub scene. Lots of live music venues and a great jazz and blues festival mid-September.

Fundy National Park is a must do while here. Highest tides in the world and great working fisherman wharfs in the area. You can buy seafood right from the boat there. You have to see the Hopewell Rocks while there (google it for more info)

Shediac area has there warmest salt water beaches in the area. Lots of great places to eat and a chance to experience the Acadian culture. They are known for their food and parties. Some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. The bridge to PEI is in that area (The Fixed Link) One of the longest bridges in the world.

Our roads are a mixed bag. Four lane highways are great and maintained in perfect condition but many two lane highways are in need of work. Not a big problem but if you see a sign advising a slower speed limit, bump ahead, sharp turn or any other hazard, take it serious. They don't post signs around here for the heck of it!

Come visit and have fun.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Saint Andrews at Kiwanis and Alma at the headquarters CG of Bay of Fundy NP.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I enjoyed the walking trails/boardwalks around the wetlands in Sackville, NB. They are right in the center of town.

Info & downloadble booklet:
http://sackville.com/visit/
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

JMichael
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Saint Andrew, NB. Great city with lots to see and a nice rv park on the bay.

http://www.kiwanisoceanfrontcamping.com

JMichael

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
NB post in RV parks forum
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman