cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagra Falls

browndogz
Explorer
Explorer
I'm seeing on the Good Sam trip planner that there are low clearances on I-190 (Robert Moses Parkway) and RV restrictions on same Parkway. Heard there was parking for campers passing through on Goat Island, so we were trying to get there. I have a 32' Jayco TT I'm pulling.

Can someone assist me with getting into see the falls with a couple youngsters and then getting out?

Coming on from the west on I-90, then continuing east on I-90 after we see the falls.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

browndogz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the help.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I suggested to another traveler to NF
To NF from I-90 eastbound

Only low bridge is when the Robert Moses goes under the North Grand Island bridge.

Enjoy.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've traveled the entire length of the Robert Moses Parkway in our 12' high Class A with no problems. We did move to the left lane for a couple of arched overpasses though.

In addition, if you stay at 4 Mile Creek SP, your vehicle pass is also good at the Niagara Falls SP parking lots.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Four Mile Creek if you can spare an overnight. Nice state park for families, and by staying there you get free parking at Niagara Falls on the US side since it is also a state park. Electric sites, water available in the park, dump station. Right on Lake Ontario so you can take scenic strolls.

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
That section of Robert Moses doesn't have any low spots nor are there RV restrictions on it. Last fall left Niagara Falls that way in my 10' 7" truck camper but also saw motor homes going the other way.

They do have a large lot for RVs but it is the last one and a good hike to the falls unless you catch the shuttle.

If you have time, I would recommend staying a night or two at Four Mile Creek SP and just running in with your vehicle. From the state park it's a straight shot in on Robert Moses Parkway with very little traffic. And RMP is one of the few parkways I came across in NY where RVs are allowed. It is only listed as no commercial vehicles. You definitely want to stay off the ones that say cars only.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)