cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nwe York State Rt. 23

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone traveled St. Rt.23 from I-87 in New York east to toll road 90 in Massachusetts? We are towing a 31' 5th wheel. Will be heading that way tomorrow.
4 REPLIES 4

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Thank for the heads up but we are already at our destination..didn't use rt.23...we were on I87 and rolling good so just took it on up to I90 and then on to I91...was only 22 miles further and we felt it was worth it not to use Rt.23 but thanks anyway! We left from South Texas the first week in May and the roads we've been on since have just about shook the rig apart..Texas roads were great but the rest have been terrible.

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
When you get off I87 and start east on 23 you will come to a bridge. It is near ramps to route 9W and about 1 mile after you get on 23. Slow down, and i mean slow, as you cross it as it is very bad where bridge meets road on both ends. Even 40 will send you flying. Good travels
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you..that's the info I needed.

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
Rte 23 is a truck route all the way to I-90 with no low bridges. You should have clear sailing from Catskill, NY to Blandford, MA. Have a good trip.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes