cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnighting on 6 HWY Neveda

Team_Roper_Heel
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any good spots to overnight on Neveda 6 HWY? We will be heading to Yosemite NP in September of this year taking this route from UTAH. Thank you!
2016 3605 Voltage
17.5 wheels, modified leaf springs
2020 GMC 3500 Denali
DRW Crew Cab Duramax 8' bed
11 REPLIES 11

Team_Roper_Heel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank y'all for the information
2016 3605 Voltage
2020 GMC 3500 Denali

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
These might be useful:

Great Basin blog post

And another one
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your schedule is flexible, I'd recommend a couple of days at Great Basin National Park -- beautiful in September!

Then zoom straight across Nevada to Lee Vining -- about 400 miles. Lots of campgrounds, and a fairly good RV park (Mono Vista). Then tackle Tioga Pass the next morning, after your rig has had a night to rest. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Rachel is on hwy 375 many miles south of 6.

Where 6 meets 360 west of 95 there are big pulloffs off of 6 and both sides of 360 where it meets 6. We have never stayed overnight just use as a stopping area to rest. I'm sure truckers spend nights there. Also at Montgomery Pass (west of 360) there is a big wide area at a old out of business motel on south side.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plenty of places everywhere. It is Nevada, you will be surrounded by public land. Pull off anywhere that is not posted. I like the area around Warm Springs east of Tonopah.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at the "Little A'LE'INN" in Rachel om hwy 6 many years ago. They actually had about three or four RV spots out back of the restaurant.
Kinda eerie tho:E
Don't know if they still have those spots.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
A few places that I have not stayed, but that I have marked on my map for future visits, after they were mentioned by friends or bloggers or somebody:

The Shell station in Ely has a big parking lot for truckers.

Ward Mountain Campground just west of Ely (RV Sue).

Railroad Valley wildlife management area.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Team_Roper_Heel
Explorer
Explorer
Wide spot in the road.
2016 3605 Voltage
2020 GMC 3500 Denali

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
R you looking for an RV park or a wide spot in the road?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lower Lee Vining, a USFS campground, is a good place before you drive up the Tioga Pass. But no dump...water down the road.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
No USFS or BLM campgrounds between the NV/CA line and Bishop on US Hwy 6 as I remember but on the other hand itโ€™s a lonely road that could offer a late dry camp stop to sleep.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad