cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pet Meds & Special Diets into Canada?

DakotaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling to Alaska through Canada this summer with our dog and two cats. Our dog requires medication, one that has a prescription and one that comes from our vet without a prescription. We plan on getting refills before we depart since we will be gone for about 10 weeks. Is there any special documentation we need for these medications?

Also, the dog is on a special food only available from our vet. I know we have to keep the food in the original package, but any suggestions for restocking while on the road? Should we carry a statement from our vet so we can purchase from another vet office?
Sally

2006 Ford F-550
2006 Lance 1191 Truck Camper
Torklift Tiedowns, FastGuns, SuperHitch, FastGun Wobble Stoppers, Lock and Load Cargo Carrier
2008 Surveyor 260BH Fifth Wheel
Torklift GlowStep Revolution, B&W Companion Hitch
2 REPLIES 2

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Courgarnewbie. Get prescriptions and notes from Vet re. non-prescription items. Always carry original containers for anything that goes into your pet.

Give pet all the love you can. Be careful of what they do when outside your rv. I found I didn't take as many walks because I worried about bears and other wild critters that my dogs had never had to deal with.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
My wife did all kinds of research last year before we crossed at Detroit. Lots of vague information. She says basically do all of the above. Get any and all prescriptions and any other letters from your vet including a health certificate. She contacted the food manufacturer and they sent a list of suppliers in Canada. After lots of worry, we had zero problems crossing over or coming back.
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill