cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

philly to indy

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
philly to indy via pa turnpike & I-70 next week. never been there. how are to roads? any hard mtn. passes to cross? thanx
3 REPLIES 3

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
jk31668 wrote:
philly to indy via pa turnpike & I-70 next week. never been there. how are to roads? any hard mtn. passes to cross? thanx
We did this (and more...) last year about this time. Here's a thought - depending on where in "south jersey" you are, you may find it easier/more scenic/different to take the 'southern' route - we're down in Salem County, so we took the Del Mem Bridge, 95S to 695 towards Towson, etc, then I-70 West through Hagerstown,etc, then I-68 across WV to Morgantown the I-79 up into PA where you then hook up with I-70 in New Stanton. It sounds complicated but it's not - and it beats hell out of the PA turnpike (e.g. all free...)

Once on I-70, it's clear sailing. Last year we hit a bunch of construction around Cambridge OH and the interchange with I-77 but I'd hope they're done by now. Then on to Indy is a breeze.

Here's a link to the page on my website where I describe this part of our trip. We made it as far as London OH just east of Dayton in the one day, and that was with the two-hour parking lot of Cambridge's road work.

Salem, NJ to London, OH - Day 1
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

kevinbti
Explorer
Explorer
I go that way every summer I have a summer home in springlake nj. Great route no problem except pa and the truckers. I assume you have the ezpass which is great. You did not ask, but we always stop at the Koa just east of Columbus. Nice people a little out of the way but nice break.

Beartoo
Explorer
Explorer
What I remember of it, it is not bad. We have taken it a few times going bacand forth from Minnesota to Philly and A/C. It;s the best route we found.
DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)